Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
The emblem is cool. The location,....not so much.

I was thinking of putting a Bertone emblem somewhere in the interior because my insurance company has it listed as a Fiat/Bertone 124 Spider. :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
I do beer and eBay. My strategy is to trust my sober instincts, lol. I'll leave a new accessory on my workbench for a month, contemplating it. I presently have 3-4 emblems sitting there which may never get attached to my car.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Where do you think it should be?, the original had it there?.
If you were putting it in the interior, I'd do what LongBeachJim did, where he put the red and chrome Abarth logo between the seats. For the exterior, I don't know,...maybe on the trunk lid? My rule of thumb is that if your eye immediately goes to it, it's in the wrong place. If it takes a bit to notice it, that's probably the right spot. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
It's not technically a Pininfarina design. It has styling queues that retro-reference a Pininfarina design. I wouldn't do it.

·
Banned
112 Posts
If you were putting it in the interior, I'd do what LongBeachJim did, where he put the red and chrome Abarth logo between the seats. For the exterior, I don't know,...maybe on the trunk lid? My rule of thumb is that if your eye immediately goes to it, it's in the wrong place. If it takes a bit to notice it, that's probably the right spot. ;)
I feel just the opposite about the placement between the seats. I saw his photo and thought it was out of place. We can't agree on everything.:eek: IMO,it seems like it was added just to be added (which probably makes no sense).

·
Registered
476 Posts
i'm in the same boat. i purchased the Abarth fender badges but not sure i still want to add them now that i am installing the rocker stripe, thinking too busy.

the Pininfarina badges would look good on a MX5 rocker panel on a 124, lolol

·
Registered
727 Posts
Haha, so I'm not the only one?. I have more coming that will probably sit on the work bench.
Not all is lost. The orphans can eventually become garage wall art...

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
I feel just the opposite about the placement between the seats. I saw his photo and thought it was out of place. We can't agree on everything.:eek: IMO,it seems like it was added just to be added (which probably makes no sense).
Karmatourer, here's my perspective: I feel that the EU's gigantic heritage plague and Abarth embroidered seats are "added just to be added" and look overdone (attached photo). I added the little red Abarth badge because I wanted to take my eye away from all that cheap plastic back there. It actually looks quite sophisticated in person, compliments the red seats, and I've received compliments on it. For each his own. Some people like to remove every badge in sight, both interior and exterior, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
It's not technically a Pininfarina design. It has styling queues that retro-reference a Pininfarina design. I wouldn't do it.
It's also not a Bertone design, so I wouldn't do that either. And don't stick any clovers on it.:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
It's also not a Bertone design, so I wouldn't do that either. And don't stick any clovers on it.:D
I hear you. That's why I can't figure out why they have my policy written up with Bertone in the name. The Pininfarina badging doesn't bother me though since Fiat borrowed so heavily from their design.

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Jim, I like your garage. Good atmosphere. Definitely the kind of place that invites one to hang out and drink a beer or two. ;)
Thanks, and the photo is just one of the four walls! When the garage doors are open it attracts both male and female neighbors, like the Pied Piper. Some just wander in, eyes glazed. Such garage art is what happens when you drink beer (or in the OP's case, wine) and shop on eBay.

·
Banned
112 Posts
Karmatourer, here's my perspective: I feel that the EU's gigantic heritage plague and Abarth embroidered seats are "added just to be added" and look overdone (attached photo). I added the little red Abarth badge because I wanted to take my eye away from all that cheap plastic back there. It actually looks quite sophisticated in person, compliments the red seats, and I've received compliments on it. For each his own. Some people like to remove every badge in sight, both interior and exterior, lol.
Imagine how boring life would be if we all liked the same thing. I think the "ABARTH" lettering on the top of the seats is over the top,so to speak. Life was so much easier when Henry ford only made 1 color Ford.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Imagine how boring life would be if we all liked the same thing. I think the "ABARTH" lettering on the top of the seats is over the top,so to speak. Life was so much easier when Henry ford only made 1 color Ford.
yes sooo much simpler but nearly as much fun, ;)

for work i wear khaki pants everyday. when it's cold out i just grab the next sweater on the top of the pile and in warm weather just grab the polo shirt on the left side of the closet. I am not one to give a lot of thought to what i wear. But i am one to add some dress up to my car. try to keep it simple and understated but sometimes i can get out of hand, lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts