Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Now I Know Why It’s Called The Jam Handle...

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  John_Tex 
#1 ·
Please be careful with this product. If you cannot open your door all the way it can be easy to get your finger caught in the door seam. It will also cost you pain and 4x the product price to get this fixed.

See less See more
#2 ·
Just once, well I got my THUMB caught in the seam TWICE, and lost the Thumb nail twice and it HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So don't put your fingers into the seam when closing the door. Last season I was careful. LOL

#3 ·
Crap.... that's painful just to look at. Thankfully I've always had the habit of closing the door by pushing it shut by the rubber trim above the door handle (at the base of the window.). When I was a kid, my dad owned a Chevy Impala SS two door. That thing had doors the size of sheets of plywood. One Sunday we went for a drive, and when we got back home, my kid brother started to climb out of the back seat and just put his left hand out on the door frame to pull himself out.... at the same time my father tried to shut his door. He just assumed we'd all get out on our mother's side like normal, and he didn't even think to look. The kid's hand recoved okay, but man, it did not look good for a while.

#5 ·
Thanks for the reminder, and sorry about your pain! Look on the bright side, it could be worse... I crewed for SCCA/IMSA teams back in college, and once slammed the door on our driver's fingers as he was leaving the paddock for the race. Yeah, THAT guy. What a loooong trip home from the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.