Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 A124 Manual
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...were not difficult for me to import.

The hardest part was convincing the vendor to ship them to me but the phone call I had with the chap across the pond was hilarious.

Me "Your website won't give me a shipping quote."
Vendor "Because we don't ship wheels to the states."
"But I want them."
"The risk of damage is too high."
"You don't understand mate, I really REALLY want them."
"Sigh................"

He puts me on hold and those few minutes seemed an eternity.

Vendor "We'll do it, you have one shipping option and it's gonna cost you."

In less than four days these bad boys were safely flown from EU to US.

THIS NEXT BIT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ANY INDIVIDUAL IN THE STATES LIKE ME ATTEMPTING TO IMPORT THESE O.E. WHEELS WITHOUT HELP.

As soon as the wheels landed in L.A. they were seized by customs.

All I was asked to do was complete and return the Dot HS-7 form, which they provided. At first glance this form looks complex and intimidating.

It's not.

By checking box 8 on this form I was only required to provide a written statement explaining why I think these wheels should be allowed in America.

My EXACT words were....

I, (my name), state that these wheels are for show and off-road purposes only. These wheels were not manufactured for use on U.S. public roads and that is not my intent, doing so is illegal and will also immediately depreciate their value and in effect ruin them. These wheels are not a necessary part of vehicle equipment to me, they are art.

It should be noted that after my form was accepted by customs my shipping company needed an additional $80 to cover import dues, not much, but it was unanticipated to me at the time just check with your local carrier.

In less than two weeks they are safely at home, all four Originali Equipment Ultraleggeras without a scratch.

Don't ask me how much I paid for wheels that can't be driven because I still believe it doesn't matter. What I see in my garage every day is important and the experience of owning this car has been priceless. I didn't buy these wheels for me or my 124, I bought them as a way to show my appreciation to Abarth.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
View attachment 82466 ...were not difficult for me to import.

The hardest part was convincing the vendor to ship them to me but the phone call I had with the chap across the pond was hilarious.

Me "Your website won't give me a shipping quote."
Vendor "Because we don't ship wheels to the states."
"But I want them."
"The risk of damage is too high."
"You don't understand mate, I really REALLY want them."
"Sigh................"

He puts me on hold and those few minutes seemed an eternity.

Vendor "We'll do it, you have one shipping option and it's gonna cost you."

In less than four days these bad boys were safely flown from EU to US.

THIS NEXT BIT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ANY INDIVIDUAL IN THE STATES LIKE ME ATTEMPTING TO IMPORT THESE O.E. WHEELS WITHOUT HELP.

As soon as the wheels landed in L.A. they were seized by customs.

All I was asked to do was complete and return the Dot HS-7 form, which they provided. At first glance this form looks complex and intimidating.

It's not.

By checking box 8 on this form I was only required to provide a written statement explaining why I think these wheels should be allowed in America.

My EXACT words were....

I, (my name), state that these wheels are for show and off-road purposes only. These wheels were not manufactured for use on U.S. public roads and that is not my intent, doing so is illegal and will also immediately depreciate their value and in effect ruin them. These wheels are not a necessary part of vehicle equipment to me, they are art.

It should be noted that after my form was accepted by customs my shipping company needed an additional $80 to cover import dues, not much, but it was unanticipated to me at the time just check with your local carrier.

In less than two weeks they are safely at home, all four Originali Equipment Ultraleggeras without a scratch.

Don't ask me how much I paid for wheels that can't be driven because I still believe it doesn't matter. What I see in my garage every day is important and the experience of owning this car has been priceless. I didn't buy these wheels for me or my 124, I bought them as a way to show my appreciation to Abarth. View attachment 82467
They look really good on your car. Sounds like the red tape to get them was worth it. They are also available from Tire Rack, but with a +37 mm offset. Please send a picture of the whole car, so we can see the full impact of the wheels.

I have O.Z wheels, Formula4 HLT, on my cars and I am very happy with them.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2019 A124 Manual
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look really good on your car. Sounds like the red tape to get them was worth it. They are also available from Tire Rack, but with a +37 mm offset. Please send a picture of the whole car, so we can see the full impact of the wheels.

I have O.Z wheels, Formula4 HLT, on my cars and I am very happy with them.

Dan
Thank you, I appreciate that. I haven't placed them on the car yet but will make sure to post pics when I do.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Let us know if the OEM center cap fits the OZ please. :)
I don’t think so. The O.Z center cap is 60 mm. The Abarth center cap is 50 mm. The O.Z Abarth wheel has an adapter to use the scorpion center cap. These may be able to be sourced from Europe. I don’t think they will be available in NA.

Guitar accessory Font Material property Circle Symbol

Dan

·
Registered
‘18 Abarth 124Spider
216 Posts
I don’t think so. The O.Z center cap is 60 mm. The Abarth center cap is 50 mm. The O.Z Abarth wheel has an adapter to use the scorpion center cap. These may be able to be sourced from Europe. I don’t think they will be available in NA.

View attachment 82477

Dan
Thanks!
Im contemplating the OZ wheels from TireRack but id want to keep my Scorpion center cap.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Thanks!
Im contemplating the OZ wheels from TireRack but id want to keep my Scorpion center cap.
Thanks!
Wait and see, if @HCKLV gets the adapters. Maybe they will have a part# on them. If he can share that #, it will be easier to find parts. I’m dead certain that the scorpion cap is the same. If you look at his picture, you can see the adapter.

The O.Zs are Italian and befit our marginal Italian car. The majority of aftermarket wheels are either Japanese or to a lesser extent Chinese.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2019 A124 Manual
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wait and see, if @HCKLV gets the adapters. Maybe they will have a part# on them. If he can share that #, it will be easier to find parts. I’m dead certain that the scorpion cap is the same. If you look at his picture, you can see the adapter.

The O.Zs are Italian and befit our marginal Italian car. The majority of aftermarket wheels are either Japanese or to a lesser extent Chinese.

Dan
No adapters needed Dan

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
No adapters needed Dan
I’m seeing what appears to be 2 pieces. Check the cap from the back of the wheel. The cap can be removed by tapping it out from the back of the wheel. If not, it is a special casting by Mopar. Can you find a part #? The part # for the cap I posted is 4726183VAB.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2019 A124 Manual
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New center caps were not provided with these wheels and that's one of the reasons I wanted them. I literally just now popped the cap off my heavy US wheels, in one piece, and it slid right into the Ultraleggeras like it's supposed to. Cheers =)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
New center caps were not provided with these wheels and that's one of the reasons I wanted them. I literally just now popped the cap off my heavy US wheels, in one piece, and it slid right into the Ultraleggeras like it's supposed to. Cheers =)
Too cool. Pictures, when you can.

Dan

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Talking of wheels (and off topic but relevant to spring) .....Pulled my wheelbarrow out the other day to find it punctured ...ordered a foam filled replacement wheel, "just arrived" but axle hole smaller, so.......Tip for today......
Now that we are all getting out into the Spring garden and "You" may find yourself in this position....provided the Bearing outer diameter is the same just punch out from the INSIDE the two original bearings, punch out the two replacement bearings lubricate the old ones and using a piece of wood over them, tap the old bearing into the new wheel, lube axle and fit the New wheel to the Barrow........Madness I know and "Pete" will either Ban me or replace his bearings.....Cheers
ron
One pair of new wheelbarrow smaller bearing for sale.......

Reactions: HCKLV

·
Registered
3,098 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Now for the serious answer....wheelbasealloys......Oldham, UK stock "almost" everything and have a good review feedback rating, they also match wheels with tyre options that fit including spigot rings where required. I ordered a set of BBS alloys, paid "then" they told me "NOT IN STOCK" so....if you visit, like and select a package then do CHECK on availability BEFORE ordering......Cheers
ron

They also buy in from their supplier "Rimstyle" who strangely do not seem to offer the full range...

1 - 20 of 77 Posts