Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a OBD II tool. Originally all I was looking for was a hand held reader that plugs in to the port and reads the codes if I get CEL light and can turn off the light. I read Ameridans article on readers that are Wi-FI and Bluetooth and I am looking for feed back on which is the way to go, a simple hand held or a Wi-fi/Bluetooth. Any recommendations on both types would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bill B.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have a Bosch OBD1050 bluetooth reader which connects to a dedicated iOS app. Purchased from one of the auto stores because I needed it in a hurry. I think it was $100; pricey compared to most others. I've been happy with it.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I bought a couple of those and downloaded the Torque APP, and works great. I left the OBDII connected to the car.
Works great

·
Registered
232 Posts
Frank...doesn't that run

I bought a couple of those and downloaded the Torque APP, and works great. I left the OBDII connected to the car.
Works great
Down the battery??? Did you ever get around to fixing that seat belt cover for me??

LOL
Not Sure:D:D
Another thing...I don't look at women from the top down...I start from the middle front, and make a fast circle around..>:)>:)>:)LOL:D:D:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've ordered a ELM327 and it's due Friday. Researching apps, I've found the Torque seems to work good with Android OS but not so good reviews for iOS so I am thinking of downloading the DashCommand app. Just for info purposes to anyone thinking about a similar set up, I'll report back once I'm up and running the tool. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I wrote an article a while back on my ODBII experience that might be helpful. The port is hot, so don't leave your reader plugged in unless you install a switch, which I cover in the article, as you will end up with a dead battery after a few days.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wrote an article a while back on my ODBII experience that might be helpful. The port is hot, so don't leave your reader plugged in unless you install a switch, which I cover in the article, as you will end up with a dead battery after a few days.
I read your article and I thank you for the work you put in to this forum. I hope my research is correct. I wanted Torque Pro but reviews I read says it doesn't work that well with iOS, so that is why I'm going with DashCommand. And I ordered a cable with a switch.

Next project is installing your infotainment tweaks.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a spare decommissioned android and apple phone in thinking of using as a dedicated monitor. Would love to dig into this a bit more to have the reader switched on/off with the ignition.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've ordered a ELM327 and it's due Friday. Researching apps, I've found the Torque seems to work good with Android OS but not so good reviews for iOS so I am thinking of downloading the DashCommand app. Just for info purposes to anyone thinking about a similar set up, I'll report back once I'm up and running the tool. Any input is appreciated.
did this last night. Elm327 ordered and dash command downloaded.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts