Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Lemur BlueDriver OBD2 monitor and can datalog live with it. 5 stats are the recommended max. I currently have Barometric Pressure (Don't really need), Air Intake Temp, Lambda on O2 sensor, Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure (don't need this one anyone since I'm using Boost Gauge), and Timing Advance in the list.

What would be 2 better items to monitor to give feedback for tuning, health monitoring, etc.

·
Registered
410 Posts
MAP is useful as something to log. Baro pressure and ambient temp can be just read once and kept aside rather than taking ECU bandwidth. Lamba is super userful. What about LT and ST fuel trim? That would be useful if you plan to do something to the air intake or fuel system. Calc Load level may help make sense of some of the other readings, along with vehicle speed and RPM.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MAP is useful as something to log. Baro pressure and ambient temp can be just read once and kept aside rather than taking ECU bandwidth. Lamba is super userful. What about LT and ST fuel trim? That would be useful if you plan to do something to the air intake or fuel system. Calc Load level may help make sense of some of the other readings, along with vehicle speed and RPM.

Load! I was discussing adding that yesterday with a coworker and had completely spaced it. Wanted it to go along with the Lambda to try see how they correlate. Will add the fuel trims, yes. I want to be able to give Toby as much good data as I can to see if he can tweak the AFR or corrections in conjunction with the water/meth injection. I don't need super rich to cool the charge. I also will probable need to break down and buy the Vaitrix controller for the injection so I can spread it out as its needed most and how much.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Can more people please chime in on what they are using for logging?

• iOS or Android?
  • What OBD2 device? Link to where purchased?
  • What OBD2 app?
  • Are you able to see and log boost over 22.4 psi?
  • What parameters are you logging? How many parameters?
I have Apple devices, so I’d prefer a solution for iOS, but I will consider purchasing an Android tablet if the solutions for Android are better.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Can more people please chime in on what they are using for logging?

• iOS or Android?
  • What OBD2 app?
  • Are you able to see and log boost over 22.4 psi?
I have Apple devices, so I’d prefer a solution for iOS, but I will consider purchasing an Android tablet if the solutions for Android are better.
I've only logged with Dashcommand for IOS. The problem is that is just gives way too much data. It logs dozens of parameters every 1/10th of a second. I also have OBD Fusion for IOS which I just discovered I can select what I want to be logged and there are dozens of parameters and you can switch on and off each one. I haven't tried it yet but plan on doing it sometime this weekend. I use a PLX Kiwi 3 OBDII device. I just swapped out plugs last night to the Brisks after doing the boost leak test. I'm going to see if the colder plug makes any difference. Still on the agenda today is an oil change and boost gauge install. Then out for testing.

EDIT. I have not had luck with logging with a tablet. For some reason it does not work nearly as well as the iPhone.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I've only logged with Dashcommand for IOS. The problem is that is just gives way too much data. It logs dozens of parameters every 1/10th of a second. I also have OBD Fusion for IOS which I just discovered I can select what I want to be logged and there are dozens of parameters and you can switch on and off each one. I haven't tried it yet but plan on doing it sometime this weekend. I use a PLX Kiwi 3 OBDII device. I just swapped out plugs last night to the Brisks after doing the boost leak test. I'm going to see if the colder plug makes any difference. Still on the agenda today is an oil change and boost gauge install. Then out for testing.

EDIT. I have not had luck with logging with a tablet. For some reason it does not work nearly as well as the iPhone.
You cannot select what you want to log in Dashcommand?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
You cannot select what you want to log in Dashcommand?
I don't think so. I have not been able to find anything in the settings to allow me to select what PIDs I want to log. I just looked again and I'm 99% confident you get it all.

I like the Dashcommand dashboards better but the OBD Fusion does a better job of clearing codes.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I don't think so. I have not been able to find anything in the settings to allow me to select what PIDs I want to log. I just looked again and I'm 99% confident you get it all.

I like the Dashcommand dashboards better but the OBD Fusion does a better job of clearing codes.
Are you able to see more than 22.4 psi boost in Dashcommand or OBD Fusion?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Both apps?
Yes. In OBD Fusion you can set the parameters for each gauge. Upon download OBD Fusion is set to max at 15 PSI. You just need to click on the gauge and change the max boost.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Yes. In OBD Fusion you can set the parameters for each gauge. Upon download OBD Fusion is set to max at 15 PSI. You just need to click on the gauge and change the max boost.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I use Torque Pro because it allows you to log boost pressure above 22.6 psi. I have tested OBDFusion and OBDWiz, both cannot do that.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yes. With current tune I see peak boost of 24.5.
Wait... really? In DashCommand or OBDFusion? I contacted OBDFusion tech support and they confirmed it cannot read higher boost. I have not been able to get it working in DashCommand either, unless they came up with a new patch or something.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes. With current tune I see peak boost of 24.5.
Wait... really? In DashCommand or OBDFusion? I contacted OBDFusion tech support and they confirmed it cannot read higher boost. I have not been able to get it working in DashCommand either, unless they came up with a new patch or something.
I also see 24.1psi boost with Torque, Dash command and OBD auto doctor.
OBD auto doctor you can select PID for log and also nice graphs

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

I need to spend more time with OBD Fusion. I might be wrong about the max boost level. You’re making me doubt myself now. With Dashcommand I’ve seen over 25 PSI. Dashcommand tech support told me their app wasn’t compatible with a PLX Kiwi 3 yet it works every time.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
  • iOS or Android?
  • What OBD2 app?
  • Are you able to see and log boost over 22.x psi?
If folks could answer these questions, that would be great.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
If folks could answer these questions, that would be great.

@sharkcohen and @HaZ, I just took my car out and tested both apps. I saw peak boost of 24.7 psi on both. I’ve seen over 25 on Dashcommand before so I know it will read over 25. Later today or tomorrow I should have my Vaitrix boost gauge installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
731 Posts
@sharkcohen and @HaZ, I just took my car out and tested both apps. I saw peak boost of 24.7 psi on both. I’ve seen over 25 on Dashcommand before so I know it will read over 25. Later today or tomorrow I should have my Vaitrix boost gauge installed.

Cool, they must have fixed that in a new update. It wasn't working before.

I just went out to test DashCommand as well but my boost is not even exceeding 22 psi anymore lol!!! It's 40 F out so that is to be expected.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Cool, they must have fixed that in a new update. It wasn't working before.

I just went out to test DashCommand as well but my boost is not even exceeding 22 psi anymore lol!!! It's 40 F out so that is to be expected.

It was 59 F when I went out. It could also be your OBDII device. Do you have another one you could try?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts