Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I'm considering giving ODB Fusion a whirl.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have yet to be able to pull a successful log file from OBD Fusion. It supposedly is logging bu **** if I can find the file.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I have yet to be able to pull a successful log file from OBD Fusion. It supposedly is logging bu **** if I can find the file.
Go to Logs, choose the log, select share (or 'open csv file').

You can choose what's being logged in settings.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
So its not just me! I can't find it either. I really like the Torque app on the tablet but it took me a while to figure out how to get the logs OFF the tablet. Email is stripping the attachment, but I think that's because it isn't a true Android tablet, but a FireHD and a different version of OS that had to be "hacked" to get Google Play Store on it in the first place. I finally got it to transfer with Bluetooth to one of my laptops.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Go to Logs, choose the log, select share (or 'open csv file').

You can choose what's being logged in settings.
Sheesh. Glad it wasn't a snake. When I clicked logs the file menu looked grayed out as in not selectable. But it is. And there are my log files. Apparently the car won't give any wastegate position info, however.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Sheesh. Glad it wasn't a snake. When I clicked logs the file menu looked grayed out as in not selectable. But it is. And there are my log files. Apparently the car won't give any wastegate position info, however.
Did I ever mention my job is essentially teaching dopey cops to use technology :x

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Maybe multiecuscan can access wastegate info. I'm not sure multiecuscan will work with the 124, though, it's not listed in the supported vehicles and there are some differences in the 124 from other FIATs because Mazda.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Maybe multiecuscan can access wastegate info. I'm not sure multiecuscan will work with the 124, though, it's not listed in the supported vehicles and there are some differences in the 124 from other FIATs because Mazda.
Here's something I found the other day that essentially takes your log files and will convert into a usable and readable format. I didn't go through everything in the documentation since you need a Windows computer to use it but I thought it very interesting.

https://www.palmerperformance.com/products/scanxlpro/index.php

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Ok, so I’ve been using OBD Fusion for some time, but it won’t log boost over 22.4 psi and that isn’t going to cut it anymore now that I have the EC turbo. I don’t know if the issue is with OBD Fusion or my BAFX ELM327 WiFi adapter. I’m using an iPhone.

I need a complete setup that logs all the boost.

@Calehedron what is your setup for logging these days?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Ok, so I’ve been using OBD Fusion for some time, but it won’t log boost over 22.4 psi and that isn’t going to cut it anymore now that I have the EC turbo. I don’t know if the issue is with OBD Fusion or my BAFX ELM327 WiFi adapter. I’m using an iPhone.

I need a complete setup that logs all the boost.

@Calehedron what is your setup for logging these days?
You won't ever see more than that datalogged. I've asked the tech support of several apps. It's the limitation of an FF or 256-bit register. I use my GoPro video and peak recall on the Vaitrix gauge to monitor it under racing conditions.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
You won't ever see more than that datalogged. I've asked the tech support of several apps. It's the limitation of an FF or 256-bit register. I use my GoPro video and peak recall on the Vaitrix gauge to monitor it under racing conditions.
Well crap. I thought some folks were logging all the boost. I can use peak recall on the gauge and keep a camera on the gauges. Thanks Ken.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Well crap. I thought some folks were logging all the boost. I can use peak recall on the gauge and keep a camera on the gauges. Thanks Ken.
Hmm. I seem to be getting it all. Corresponds to what I see on the boost gauge.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Hmm. I seem to be getting it all. Corresponds to what I see on the boost gauge.

View attachment 73378
Maybe a slightly different offset for below 0 boost but with all those perfect 24.65642's, you are going over that much and maxing out the capability of the app and register.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Steve what is your current setup?
OBD Fusion and Kiwi 3. But I don't use it on track days since I use Track Addict and it does its own logging which I haven't really examined. I don't think I have it set up correctly in Track Addict because I don't see boost.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone here running the Torque pro app and seeing more than 22.2 lbs of boost? I am now running the Phase one tune from EC and will very easily max out the gauge at 22.2. Is there any way to get it to ready the proper boost numbers?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
22-24 is the max you will ever see in the apps (depends on the programmed offset) due to the 8-bit limitation of the ECU to OBD output. Some apps try to predict it using differences in other sensors readings but its not perfect.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I need a better solution, and I'm hoping to be able to read transmission fluid temperature. I've taken the plunge and have an Android tablet and an OBDLink MX+ on the way. I'm going to try out Torque.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I need a better solution, and I'm hoping to be able to read transmission fluid temperature. I've taken the plunge and have an Android tablet and an OBDLink MX+ on the way. I'm going to try out Torque.
With Torque you can also load multiair plugins, it is not complete for the 124 but some parameters can be seen.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have Torque Pro on an android tablet pulling information off of an OBDLink MX+, but really just have it to clear a code if needed. My logging runs through Solostorm, which maps the OBD2/cambus information along with GPS info. The information is ok, but the refresh rate at 10hz could be better. Thinking of upgrading to a racecapture setup, again running through solostorm.

Don't really understand the logging for the sake of logging if you don't know what you were doing during that timeframe. The GPS data is important.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts