Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, would anyone be kind enough to tell me if the headlamp connector referred to here, #4 in this diagram (AKA part no. 68313071AA) is the same for LED and the halogen projector headlamps for a 2017-2020 Spider, or are they different connectors? And might anyone have a pic of what that plug end looks like? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
2,237 Posts
If I’m looking at this correct, #4 is the main under hood body harness. Is this what you are referring to? Or the headlamp harness that shows as #2 and is the jumble of wires behind the sketch of the headlamp housing. If it’s #4 likely they are the same if #2, it is highly unlikely they are the same because of the extra features the led package adds. The connectors however may be the same, save for some missing wires and pins. I know this wasn’t much help but it’s the best I got.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I’m looking at this correct, #4 is the main under hood body harness. Is this what you are referring to? Or the headlamp harness that shows as #2 and is the jumble of wires behind the sketch of the headlamp housing. If it’s #4 likely they are the same if #2, it is highly unlikely they are the same because of the extra features the led package adds. The connectors however may be the same, save for some missing wires and pins. I know this wasn’t much help but it’s the best I got.
Thanks, that is helpful. It is indeed #4 I am looking at. I think #4 is a connector that has 5 pins across, 3 pins down, and a gap in the middle shaped like an H, but, I am not sure.

· Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
2,237 Posts
No, they will have different body Harnesses in most cases for this car, not exactly sure. I’m sure the LED connection would be a lot different than the incandescent lamps pin wise to the body harness
You may be right, but usually with larger harnesses they keep all pins and wires intact and just omit them from the smaller harnesses. For example heated seats have the wires in the main harness capped off while utilizing the new harness from the seat with the option. I could be wrong though. Best bet is to count the pins in both ends and match them up.

· Registered
575 Posts
You may be right, but usually with larger harnesses they keep all pins and wires intact and just omit them from the smaller harnesses. For example heated seats have the wires in the main harness capped off while utilizing the new harness from the seat with the option. I could be wrong though. Best bet is to count the pins in both ends and match them up.
when you run LEDs you need to push your motherboard motherboards, have a different pin harness compared to an incandescent wiring harness
Again, this is a Japanese wiring. I have no clue.

· Registered
1,245 Posts
Here are pics of the 3 connectors at the back of an LED (visibility pack) headlight
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Camera lens Automotive design
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Reactions: eastsidegino

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, these refer to the three wires of the harness #2, that connect to the main connector, #4 in the diagram reproduced here:

White Line Font Parallel Triangle

I'm interested in the end of #2 that plugs into #4, but I haven't had the time to get the front fascia off the car so I can get at the headlamp assemblies and their connector. I am not sure, but if these are the same connector, it will look like this:

Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Composite material Auto part

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, the halogen projector lamps have a connector like this:
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bicycle part Camera accessory Font

For the halogen and the LED headlamps, they have different connectors, but only one Mopar Part Number, 68313071AA. In this part number are a number of connectors:
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Circle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts