Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2020 124 Spider Abarth
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Map Update Toolbox also has the update. Although can't seem to connect to the update server from work... will have to try later on home network.

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
411 Posts
Won’t have a chance to try it until later today, but thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Detects an update is avail, but getting a server error trying to download.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Hi Lads & lasses......Just completed my last free SD card update (might buy a new one from ebay and start again), anyway....for those doing for the first time or have forgotten how to....Using instrument screwdriver and / or tweezers,carefully remove blank ahead of gearstick, pull the SD card out of its slot and insert in laptop/tower.
Google "124 Spider Infotainment system", Select "Navigation", then "Update My Maps", download "124 Spider for windows" (if relevant) , bottom of screen will show a throbbing badge, select that and away you go.....about 30 minutes to download in google.Cheers
ron

Reactions: Arthur

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
353 Posts
I downloaded the OS X version and saw that the software company is located in Budapest. Is this correct? I'm assuming this is not some bogus site...sorry, was expecting Turin not Budapest. And with that said, it's one of my favorite cities filled with my favorite relatives...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Lads & lasses......Just completed my last free SD card update (might buy a new one from ebay and start again), anyway....for those doing for the first time or have forgotten how to....Using instrument screwdriver and / or tweezers,carefully remove blank ahead of gearstick, pull the SD card out of its slot and insert in laptop/tower.
Google "124 Spider Infotainment system", Select "Navigation", then "Update My Maps", download "124 Spider for windows" (if relevant) , bottom of screen will show a throbbing badge, select that and away you go.....about 30 minutes to download in google.Cheers
ron
I may be wrong but I don't believe you start all over if you buy a card on ebay. I believe the 3 years is tied to your vin number and when it is up your free ones are done. Now, the ebay card could be the latest version and I that case I suspect it would work. Just my understanding, like I said I could be wrong.

·
Registered
579 Posts
That's my understanding too, but I'm happy to be proven wrong!

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Hi Lads and "Thanks"....I wrote that bit about a new card to see if anybody else had done that, or...knew something I didn't........so, Thank you once more, I guess that the vin number (which does show up when you go to update) would cause a block to kick in. Think I will save my ebay cash and just use my "Garmin" if needed, Cheers for the info....
ron

·
Registered
255 Posts
So anyone successful in downloading the latest update? I am hoping to do this before heading out to the backroads with spotty cell service.

·
Registered
178 Posts
No..just tired and it is a no go. It did say a new map is available and it tried to start the download/install process but immediately said "server error". Tried twice and same result.

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
411 Posts
Well I'm also not pleased. They happily took my money for a renewal of my three year subscription with absolutely no problem whatsoever. $136 for 3-year subscription or $85 for a one-time update. Needless to say the three-year sub is a no-brainer. Now, if I could only get the map update as easily as they grabbed my money, I'd be happy...but...no. The toolbox tells me that my subscription is valid, and that I have an update available to download. Except it refuses to download it. It says preparing to download, the asks if I want to back up the card, then goes to the "Preparing to download" step. Next it goes to downloading...except it doesn't. It just sits there with the gray progress bar blinking stupidly and download progress sitting at 0%. Why they can't actually get this to work is a mystery to me. I'll try emailing support again, but they never answer my questions. So that's $136 down the toilet for now. :mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
I'm wondering if it's just that the site is overwhelmed by folks attempting to download their updated content? I plan on doing the 3 year renewal as well, since my free updates expired in Feb. of this year. I'd suggest trying on some off hours, like really early morning or really late at night. I plan on giving it a shot on Sunday, so fingers crossed...

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
411 Posts
I'm wondering if it's just that the site is overwhelmed by folks attempting to download their updated content? I plan on doing the 3 year renewal as well, since my free updates expired in Feb. of this year. I'd suggest trying on some off hours, like really early morning or really late at night. I plan on giving it a shot on Sunday, so fingers crossed...
I dunno...I'm trying it at 11:30 PM central, and all I get is the error connecting to server whenever I try to download. Unless they have a server with a 386 and a 5Mb disk, I have trouble believing that their servers are that slammed. I had an easier time ordering my iPhone 12 this morning.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I never paid for the navigation package nor for updates. I bought a nav card through Ebay and was able to download updates including last year with this site. This leads me to believe it’s not officially tied to the same process that people have paid for.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Having the card is what's important, whether you pay £20 on eBay or £400+ price when buying the car and buying the Nav option. Once the card has been in the car for 100km it is then "locked" to the VIN and the 3 year timer starts...

·
Registered
Lusso plus
8 Posts
ron
Hi my spider was just over 3 years old when I took delivery, unfortunately the previous owner had not taken advantage of the free updates and it looks like it's 3 years out of date.
I have seen a company called satnav direct asking £39 for a up to date SD card has anyone dealt with this company before?.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I see now the map updater connects directly to visteon.naviextras.com and it's there where there is an option of buying one-time or additional subscription time. So the map maker should honor their own service.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts