Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

301 - 320 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is going to blow your mind. I still use a Windows Phone which uses Here Maps for navigation (like our Spiders). As you know Microsoft disabled all support for their phones years ago (like speech to text) but my Here Maps on my Windows phone keep updating! Fix the issue Fiat! No excuse!

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
This is going to blow your mind. I still use a Windows Phone which uses Here Maps for navigation (like our Spiders). As you know Microsoft disabled all support for their phones years ago (like speech to text) but my Here Maps on my Windows phone keep updating! Fix the issue Fiat! No excuse!
Agreed. This shouldn't be rocket science. I could well be wrong, but it appears to be as simple as a server app that checks a database list of acceptable VINs to grant access, and for some reason the North America VIN codes are no longer on the white list. But lord knows how many layers of bureacracy this will have to go through before "Viktor" is told to make a quick adjustment to the list he maintains.

Reactions: CXXIV

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Cal, I don't think you are entirely correct. The maps are provided by HERE.

Visteon produces the CMU units, and may host the Naviextras site, but they have nothing to do with the Nav firmware, nor the maps. The units for Japan have completely different firmware, as well as their own maps. You know how my Version 70 tweak completely replaces Mazda's Nav firmware folder with a Fiat version? I would love to find a substitute shareware Nav package to overwrite the same folder ;)

An excerpt from my Navigation article:

The firmware for every CMU includes NNG’s iGO satellite navigation (SatNav) software, but the option is useless until a Nav SD card containing your country’s NAVTEQ (a Nokia company) map data, is inserted in the SD card slot (kind of hidden behind a hinged cover to the left of your USB & Aux ports). The card must remain in the slot in order for the navigation feature to be enabled and function.
Okay, so now I'm even more confused. So if we use HERE maps, why don't we access it from the same portal as Chrysler products, and why does FCA's Visteon hosted website tell us to go to Naviestras. This just gets more bizarre all the time.

·
Registered
2018 Red Top Edition
21 Posts
With all DUE respect, the "server" is not offline. There's a pretty substantial number of cars and devices that would be affected by the Naviextras "server" being down. It would be a very noticeable outage. My guess is that the deal Fiat had for navigation was a three year deal, so any NA 124 VIN that had been activated was marked as expired regardless of the actual activation time. So, because this is a most likely both a technical and business issue, in order to understand the technical failure, the people that manage the service are quite honestly the best people to go to find the root cause. They understand the systems and will hopefully be able to explain why one manufacturer out of the 100+ entries that are listed isn't functioning as it should.

·
Registered
2018 Red Top Edition
21 Posts
With all DUE respect, the "server" is not offline. There's a pretty substantial number of cars and devices that would be affected by the Naviextras "server" being down. It would be a very noticeable outage. My guess is that the deal Fiat had for navigation was a three year deal, so any NA 124 VIN that had been activated was marked as expired regardless of the actual activation time. So, because this is a most likely both a technical and business issue, in order to understand the technical failure, the people that manage the service are quite honestly the best people to go to find the root cause. They understand the systems and will hopefully be able to explain why one manufacturer out of the 100+ entries that are listed isn't functioning as it should.
Agreed. This shouldn't be rocket science. I could well be wrong, but it appears to be as simple as a server app that checks a database list of acceptable VINs to grant access, and for some reason the North America VIN codes are no longer on the white list. But lord knows how many layers of bureacracy this will have to go through before "Viktor" is told to make a quick adjustment to the list he maintains.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Ok guys. I want to get sucked in by naviextras, yes Santa was very good to me, so he left me some $$$, So I wanted to login, but forgot password, anyway they sent me an email to change my password and everything was OK, and I go in an it tells me the Free updates I did(see pic1). but then I wanted to download and update toolbox (see pic2) and then press DOWNLOAD, and I get a blank page at naviextras.com/shop/portal/download?type=x-toolbox/engine
and nothing happens, I did it with Chrome and edge and Nada happens,.

C'mon my money is not good enough.
Actually I wanted to go through till they ask me for $$$ credit Card but seems can't download the toolbox. So can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, beside my bad intension.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Red Top Edition
21 Posts
Ok guys. I want to get sucked in by naviextras, yes Santa was very good to me, so he left me some $$$, So I wanted to login, but forgot password, anyway they sent me an email to change my password and everything was OK, and I go in an it tells me the Free updates I did(see pic1). but then I wanted to download and update toolbox (see pic2) and then press DOWNLOAD, and I get a blank page at naviextras.com/shop/portal/download?type=x-toolbox/engine
and nothing happens, I did it with Chrome and edge and Nada happens,.

C'mon my money is not good enough.
Actually I wanted to go through till they ask me for $$$ credit Card but seems can't download the toolbox. So can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, beside my bad intension.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
So how come some ended up paying for 3 extra years, what happened they have a guilty conscious now or Fiat said no more sucking in Money till issue resolved.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Okay, so now I'm even more confused. So if we use HERE maps, why don't we access it from the same portal as Chrysler products, and why does FCA's Visteon hosted website tell us to go to Naviestras. This just gets more bizarre all the time.
Our Spiders update their maps the same way our 2018 Mazda CX5 does. Exactly all the same steps on the computer except that when I hit download for my CX5 SD card it goes through without an issue.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok, so I've just got the same error, should've read this thread first. I have just paid for 3 years of updates, and I'm stuck when trying to download the october 2020 update.
Has anyone been able to get the money back?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Tried contacting them on their contact page, and this is their automated reply:

Dear [my account email]

Please be advised that we do not provide technical assistance for the navigation device model that you have selected.

In order to find a solution to your problem, we kindly ask that you browse our knowledge base, where you will find useful information and troubleshooting articles. Alternatively, please contact the manufacturer of your vehicle or device.

Should you have any questions regarding a purchase or an invoice, or if you wish to have your personal data removed from our customer database, please contact us via the dedicated buttons in the knowledge base.

Please do not reply to this mail as it will not be processed.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
Naviextras Support

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've contacted their support through Naviextras Help Center
and I've requested a refund for this appalling non-service. I'll update how that goes.

·
Registered
2018 Red Top Edition
21 Posts
Tried contacting them on their contact page, and this is their automated reply:

Dear [my account email]

Please be advised that we do not provide technical assistance for the navigation device model that you have selected.

In order to find a solution to your problem, we kindly ask that you browse our knowledge base, where you will find useful information and troubleshooting articles. Alternatively, please contact the manufacturer of your vehicle or device.

Should you have any questions regarding a purchase or an invoice, or if you wish to have your personal data removed from our customer database, please contact us via the dedicated buttons in the knowledge base.

Please do not reply to this mail as it will not be processed.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
Naviextras Support

·
Premium Member
17 Abarth M/T, Heritage, Recaro, Brembo, Luxury, DV+, AIOv70, Record Monza, Euro Alcantara
41 Posts
I filed with their website back in November and received no reply, so I put in a chargeback with my credit card company in mid-December. It is "under merchant review" right now. They have 30 days to respond. Not sure if others have done the same, but maybe if Naviextras gets a lot of chargebacks, they will work harder with Fiat to get this resolved.

I hated to do the chargeback since I know it isn't good for merchants, but after weeks of trying to get this to work, and then weeks to wait for a response from them, I had no other option.

·
Registered
2018 Red Top Edition
21 Posts
I filed with their website back in November and received no reply, so I put in a chargeback with my credit card company in mid-December. It is "under merchant review" right now. They have 30 days to respond. Not sure if others have done the same, but maybe if Naviextras gets a lot of chargebacks, they will work harder with Fiat to get this resolved.

I hated to do the chargeback since I know it isn't good for merchants, but after weeks of trying to get this to work, and then weeks to wait for a response from them, I had no other option.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So I just got another response from them this morning:

Dear [my name],

thank you for the feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Unfortunately a refund is not possible in this case as the license has been generated and it doesn't apply to our Terms. We will forward the case to our developers for a more through investigation. We would require some files from you in this matter, can you please tell us forehand what Operating system you used for the update process? Windows or MAC?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Thomas

NNG - Naviextras Support

I have replied with the required information, stating that I live in Canada, and even sent a link to this thread, telling that it worries me that many users from NA are having the same issue, some for quite some time already.

·
Registered
77 Posts

When you made the chargeback request, what line of argument did you use? I'm thinking of doing the same thing

301 - 320 of 396 Posts