Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

321 - 340 of 396 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Abarth M/T, Heritage, Recaro, Brembo, Luxury, DV+, AIOv70, Record Monza, Euro Alcantara
41 Posts
When you made the chargeback request, what line of argument did you use? I'm thinking of doing the same thing
Essentially I just said I paid for a service and did not receive it. I also stated I tried three times to reach the merchant and did not receive a reply. So based on those two facts, I should not be charged for the purchase.

I don't know what their "Terms" are that Naviextras referred to in their communication with you, but it's pretty clear that if their website isn't providing access to what they are selling, they are in breach no matter what they might say.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just emailed NaviExtras.com again asking when will this problem be solved, to release the update and actually work.
I got an auto response:

Dear...,

Please be advised that we do not provide technical assistance for the navigation device model that you have selected.

In order to find a solution to your problem, we kindly ask that you browse our knowledge base, where you will find useful information and troubleshooting articles. Alternatively, please contact the manufacturer of your vehicle or device.

Should you have any questions regarding a purchase or an invoice, or if you wish to have your personal data removed from our customer database, please contact us via the dedicated buttons in the knowledge base.

Please do not reply to this mail as it will not be processed.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
Naviextras Support

I see that if you are in disagreement with this that we can lodge a complaint before the Hungarian Authority for Consumer Protection.
I will email them. I speak and write Hungarian so let's see what they say.
I will email the arbitration board of Budapest as well.

if this problem stems from Hungary, then I will reach out to my family members there. One is lawyer and two are judges ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
420 Posts
I just emailed NaviExtras.com again asking when will this problem be solved, to release the update and actually work.
I got an auto response:

Dear...,

Please be advised that we do not provide technical assistance for the navigation device model that you have selected.

In order to find a solution to your problem, we kindly ask that you browse our knowledge base, where you will find useful information and troubleshooting articles. Alternatively, please contact the manufacturer of your vehicle or device.

Should you have any questions regarding a purchase or an invoice, or if you wish to have your personal data removed from our customer database, please contact us via the dedicated buttons in the knowledge base.

Please do not reply to this mail as it will not be processed.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
Naviextras Support

I see that if you are in disagreement with this that we can lodge a complaint before the Hungarian Authority for Consumer Protection.
I will email them. I speak and write Hungarian so let's see what they say.
I will email the arbitration board of Budapest as well.

if this problem stems from Hungary, then I will reach out to my family members there. One is lawyer and two are judges ;)
Another Hungarian? I speak and write as well...and there's a lot of family there. I guess if you look around there's always one or two of us knocking about. Good luck with this. Szia.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another Hungarian? I speak and write as well...and there's a lot of family there. I guess if you look around there's always one or two of us knocking about. Good luck with this. Szia.
Szia! Yeah, we are everywhere, haha!
We definitely love our cars! Hell, we invented the carburettor 🤓 (sharing a little history there 😉)

·
Registered
2018 Red Top Edition
21 Posts
I have also wrote an email to FCA Canada. Hope to get some feedback from their end as well.
I mentioned we are discussing the issues within a forum so I hope this makes FCA realize there are quite a few of us having this issue.

Back to Naviextras, on their website here: https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/devicessupport#Fiat it seems the Fiat Models are noted as "NA"

but if you look at Mazda, it seems it is supported:

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
420 Posts
Szia! Yeah, we are everywhere, haha!
We definitely love our cars! Hell, we invented the carburettor 🤓 (sharing a little history there 😉)
Yes! And the messenger RNA inventor as well!

·
Registered
2018 Red Top Edition
21 Posts
Essentially I just said I paid for a service and did not receive it. I also stated I tried three times to reach the merchant and did not receive a reply. So based on those two facts, I should not be charged for the purchase.

I don't know what their "Terms" are that Naviextras referred to in their communication with you, but it's pretty clear that if their website isn't providing access to what they are selling, they are in breach no matter what they might say.

·
Premium Member
2017 Abarth
161 Posts
Has anyone been able to get the money back?
Yes, provisionally: October 2020 Map Update!

The chargeback dispute process takes time; my credit card issuer has the multi-page follow-up form I've filled out with the details of the problem, including citing this thread. I'll try to remember to update this thread when they conclude their process.

I filed with their website back in November and received no reply, so I put in a chargeback with my credit card company in mid-December. It is "under merchant review" right now. They have 30 days to respond. Not sure if others have done the same, but maybe if Naviextras gets a lot of chargebacks, they will work harder with Fiat to get this resolved.

I hated to do the chargeback since I know it isn't good for merchants, [...]
I'm actually glad if it causes this merchant some discomfort. I do agree this is the route forward for those of us who had already gotten our initial three years of updates.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Yes, provisionally: October 2020 Map Update!

The chargeback dispute process takes time; my credit card issuer has the multi-page follow-up form I've filled out with the details of the problem, including citing this thread. I'll try to remember to update this thread when they conclude their process.

I'm actually glad if it causes this merchant some discomfort. I do agree this is the route forward for those of us who had already gotten our initial three years of updates.
Agreed. It's a logical next step for those of us who recently paid in October and are still prevented from accessing the nav data content. If we get our money back, if and when this gets resovled, we could purchae and extension to access again at that time... when access works and we can get what we paid for.

Reactions: georgia4

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey everyone, didn't have the time to go through all the new posts yet, but just to update, all the effort everyone is doing must have been causing some concern in Naviextras, because they have asked me to send them my Toolbox logs and http_dump files for their tech team to analyze... luckily I still have the logs from past years when I was able to update the maps, so hopefully that should them give a good idea as to what is going on when comparing it to the latest logs!

This is the email I got this morning:

Dear [my name],

For further investigations, please send us the so-called log and dump files from the Toolbox?

You will find them here:

Toolbox log files
MacintoshHD/Users/%Your Username%/Library/Logs/Map Update Toolbox/

http_dump files
MacintoshHD/Users/%Your Username%/Library/ApplicationSupport/Map Update Toolbox/http_dump

Please note: these folders are hidden. Please allow the option to show hidden files and folders in your file browser, and send me these folders in compressed format (.zip).

Best regards,

Thorsten
NNG - Naviextras Support

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thats great! Just to clarify, only Fiat owners in NA are unable to download the latest maps? Those overseas, like in the UK, are not having an issue?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thats great! Just to clarify, only Fiat owners in NA are unable to download the latest maps? Those overseas, like in the UK, are not having an issue?

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
I have also wrote an email to FCA Canada. Hope to get some feedback from their end as well.
I mentioned we are discussing the issues within a forum so I hope this makes FCA realize there are quite a few of us having this issue.

Back to Naviextras, on their website here: https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/devicessupport#Fiat it seems the Fiat Models are noted as "NA"

but if you look at Mazda, it seems it is supported: https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/devicessupport#Mazda
I'll be interested to see how they respond to you on this. If you spend the time to read through this thread in it's entirety, you'll see the response I got back from the FCA Canadian Customer Care team. Brace yourself for a pile of idiocy coming your way soon... they're pretty pathetic.

Reactions: Fortuna

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
mig-akira, here's hoping that your log files help them figure out what they need to do to make the data server accessable from the toolbox. If they do get it fixed, can you also ask them if those of us who paid for another 3 years of access will get an extension to our access period baed on the amount of time the site has locked us out (3 months and counting).

And SpiderNUT, yes, it's only North American owners (and dealers) that are unable to access updates. This has been confirmed by our European members on the forum.

I humbly suggest that all newcomers to this thread make the effort to read through it in it's entirely, beginning on page 1. It's been an interesting ride, to say the least. I too am hoping that this gets resolved shortly, and when it does.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Our last ditch effort will be to find the right law firm that can start a Class Action Lawsuit against FCA US LLC, a Delaware limited liability corporation. Nature of Lawsuit: Other Fraud. I wonder how many NA 124 Spider owners are impacted by the inability to update NA maps? There are several of us on this forum. I have a couple of good friends who are lawyers but unfortunately, they don't do Class Action Lawsuits.

Here is a link to the 2020 lawsuit against FCA US LLC:

May 8, 2020 — A Chrysler engine oil consumption lawsuit alleges vehicles equipped with 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir II engines shut down suddenly and without warning even when the oil change indicators do not yet recommend oil changes. "Car manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure that the vehicles they sell to consumers are safe."

The plaintiffs are represented by Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, the Miller Law Firm, P.C., and Goldenberg Schneider, LPA.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Our last ditch effort will be to find the right law firm that can start a Class Action Lawsuit against FCA US LLC, a Delaware limited liability corporation. Nature of Lawsuit: Other Fraud. I wonder how many NA 124 Spider owners are impacted by the inability to update NA maps? There are several of us on this forum. I have a couple of good friends who are lawyers but unfortunately, they don't do Class Action Lawsuits.

May 8, 2020 — A Chrysler engine oil consumption lawsuit alleges vehicles equipped with 2.4L Tigershark MultiAir II engines shut down suddenly and without warning even when the oil change indicators do not yet recommend oil changes. "Car manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure that the vehicles they sell to consumers are safe."

The plaintiffs are represented by Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP, the Miller Law Firm, P.C., and Goldenberg Schneider, LPA.
PM me here. I have a reply from a California firm that does class actions, but I think they'd be more inclined to work with someone in the States... which makes sense to me. I've already pointed them to this thread, so if you're game to talk with them, drop me a line and I'll give you the contact info.

·
Premium Member
‘18 Abarth 124Spider
186 Posts
me know he was still working on the issue

I do have a "class action" lawyer friend. I have already spoken to him and he is willing to work on this for us. I have held off with proceeding since there has actually been some movement from @AnClar. Now with the update from @mig_akira, Ill wait and see if we have any more updates of progress. Fingers crossed.

321 - 340 of 396 Posts