Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

341 - 360 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
If the class action goes through, am I legible for this cause I wanted to give this RATS my money but could not sign in. Hope you guys get them.

Reactions: Scorpius

·
Registered
77 Posts
Updating on my conversation with support, they sent me this message today:

Dear <my name>,

According to our current information the issue seems to be caused by a temporary server error and we have passed it on for further investigation. In the meantime, could you please try to download the update again and inform us if the issue still persists?

Best regards,

Thorsten
NNG - Naviextras Support

I had high hopes I would be able to download the update, but alas, I got the same "server error" message. I sent them another email saying the attempt was unsuccessful and sent them the logs and http_dump of this last attempt. I'll update again when I hear back from them.

·
Registered
2018 Red Top Edition
21 Posts
Updating on my conversation with support, they sent me this message today:

Dear <my name>,

According to our current information the issue seems to be caused by a temporary server error and we have passed it on for further investigation. In the meantime, could you please try to download the update again and inform us if the issue still persists?

Best regards,

Thorsten
NNG - Naviextras Support

I had high hopes I would be able to download the update, but alas, I got the same "server error" message. I sent them another email saying the attempt was unsuccessful and sent them the logs and http_dump of this last attempt. I'll update again when I hear back from them.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
462 Posts
Just checking in. I haven’t heard back from my contact yet, but I’m planning to call her on Monday. I’ve been waiting given that it’s been the holiday period where not a lot of work is getting done. Will update as soon as I have any news. Thanks fir all the efforts going on from various folks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Checking in to update as well.

I was asked to delete a hidden .reg folder on my sd card and try again. I did that, but got the same message. I told them that, and got a message saying that they're escalating the issue to find a solution, and that I should hold on for further updates. These were the messages:
Dear <my name>,

please find the license folder on the SD card once connected to the Computer. Once you found it, please delete the ".reg" folder inside it and try connecting again. Out Technical staff is still investigating the issue.

Please let us know how it went.

Best regards,

Thomas

NNG - Naviextras Support

And then when I did that and had no success:
Dear <my name>,

With the information currently available I found it necessary to involve a higher level of technical support to find the most suitable solution to your issue.

Please note that depending on the complexity of the issue this may take some time. I will get back to you as soon as I have any updates.

In the meantime, I would ask for your kind patience.

Julia
NNG - Naviextras Support

I'll check back with any news.

·
Registered
2018 Red Top Edition
21 Posts
Checking in to update as well.

I was asked to delete a hidden .reg folder on my sd card and try again. I did that, but got the same message. I told them that, and got a message saying that they're escalating the issue to find a solution, and that I should hold on for further updates. These were the messages:
Dear <my name>,

please find the license folder on the SD card once connected to the Computer. Once you found it, please delete the ".reg" folder inside it and try connecting again. Out Technical staff is still investigating the issue.

Please let us know how it went.

Best regards,

Thomas

NNG - Naviextras Support

And then when I did that and had no success:
Dear <my name>,

With the information currently available I found it necessary to involve a higher level of technical support to find the most suitable solution to your issue.

Please note that depending on the complexity of the issue this may take some time. I will get back to you as soon as I have any updates.

In the meantime, I would ask for your kind patience.

Julia
NNG - Naviextras Support

I'll check back with any news.
Thank you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I got a response to my email when I reached out to FCA Canada. This was the response:

Thank you Mr. ........ for contacting FCA Canada Customer Care regarding the navigation updates for your 2019 Fiat Spider, VIN: ###############.

This navigation database is licensed from the company HERE. This is an independently owned and operated company. The maps are not made by FCA Canada.

I'm afraid there are currently no navigation updates available for the 2019 Fiat Spider, but we do want to assure you that the matter is being looked into. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

If you have questions or concerns about map availability, please contact HERE directly at tell: 1-866-462-8837 or visit their website: www.here.com. However, we have documented your comments for internal review.

Thank you for allowing us to explain the situation.

Sincerely,

Someone @ FCA Canada

So I still need to get a response from the Navigation company, NaviExtras but as noted in the response, it seems HERE (owned by Nokia? or Mercedes/BMW?) is the mapping software used. I'm going to assume NaviExtras is the one to deal with as noted above with responses by them to Gcoll71190 comments.

Keep you posted should I get a response (which I usually do 'cause I'm a squeaky wheel kinda guy ;))

It is also good that there is some precedence out there where GM has issues followed by a CAS shared by Scorpius

·
Registered
257 Posts
Checked the Here web site and no fiat spider is listed. After looking over my manual and info given at time of purchase, and the Fiat links posted in this thread, it seems that unlike in Europe there are no 3 year updates for any NA Spider sold after 2017. Hope I am wrong!

·
Registered
2018 Lusso, Magneto Bronze, GFB DV, GWR System One with crosspipe
43 Posts
FWIW, I never heard back from Tom McParland or Jason Torchinsky at Jalopnik. And the service dude at my local dealership never called me back. I'm amazed that anyone has made any progress beyond this, but I am very doubtful this will get resolved. Also also, I've heard nothing back from the naviextras Hungarian support email, or whatever that was.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Received these Discount Coupons from FCA for Spring and due date is March 31,2021
So I called FCA to change the Due Date to April 30. cause who in the world changes winter tires or oil in March when it's still sub-zero, ice and snow in the street. Normally it's done mid April. FCA said nothing can be done, it's decided in advance, but I said you could forward the BOZO who decides that he or she has no clue of the winters in Canada. In the USA, I have seen the Coupons have a 12 months due date. Pity, no wonder FCA discontinued Fiat, Alfa Romeo, with this mentality they're not going anywhere. Hopefully Peugeot can put some common sense to these BOZOs

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also have some potentially bad news, I got another response from support, and it's the exact same message as before (about "involving a higher level of techincal support"), and then I noticed the title: "AUTOMATED MESSAGE - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL". I checked, and the previous message also had the same warning in the title, I just didn't notice it at the time.

So this is probably just a standard email that is sent to the users whenever they don't fix the issue - don't know if it's really being scaled up for more investigation.
I'll post if I ever get any other responses, but it's not looking so good right now.

·
Registered
2018 Red Top Edition
21 Posts
N
Checked the Here web site and no fiat spider is listed. After looking over my manual and info given at time of purchase, and the Fiat links posted in this thread, it seems that unlike in Europe there are no 3 year updates for any NA Spider sold after 2017. Hope I am wrong!
I updated in 2019. Plug was pulled between 6/2019 & 10/2020 the latest update.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
N

I updated in 2019. Plug was pulled between 6/2019 & 10/2020 the latest update.
Yup, well known and documented in the first few pages of this thread. I urge new readers of this thread to spend the time to read through the thread from the beginning, as the same items are being rehashed over and over. I was really keeping my fingers crossed for mig_akira, as he seemed to be making progress. Now we need to see the update from FCA US Customer Care, as they seemed to be looking into the situation. Canadian FCA Customer Care have been worse than useless in this regard and aren't worth expending any effort to talk to. Once again, described in detail in the early pages of this thread.

So my questoin now becomes, is there a Hungarian speaking member of the forum willing to actualy try to place a phone call to Naviextras and have a conversation with a live body? This may be the only way to get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Thats great! Just to clarify, only Fiat owners in NA are unable to download the latest maps? Those overseas, like in the UK, are not having an issue?
Sorry for the delay !!!..... in response to UK/EU updates, the latest update is listed on my account as July 2020. I have not attempted this as yet (no Windows pc since I retired !!!)

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Sorry for the delay !!!..... in response to UK/EU updates, the latest update is listed on my account as July 2020. I have not attempted this as yet (no Windows pc since I retired !!!)
I'm hoping it still works for those of you in the UK. I guess this is the big test.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
If anyone has a laptop with sd card reader near to Monmouth South Wales then I'm happy to try the update. Needs to be "old" Windows and the latest Toolbox must be downloaded from scratch (older versions no longer work). Also I'll need to be exercising in order to conform to Covid Regulations (with mask and social distancing). It will take approximately 1 hour. Happy to update other owners maps as well.

·
Registered
2018 Red Top Edition
21 Posts
Yup, well known and documented in the first few pages of this thread. I urge new readers of this thread to spend the time to read through the thread from the beginning, as the same items are being rehashed over and over. I was really keeping my fingers crossed for mig_akira, as he seemed to be making progress. Now we need to see the update from FCA US Customer Care, as they seemed to be looking into the situation. Canadian FCA Customer Care have been worse than useless in this regard and aren't worth expending any effort to talk to. Once again, described in detail in the early pages of this thread.

So my questoin now becomes, is there a Hungarian speaking member of the forum willing to actualy try to place a phone call to Naviextras and have a conversation with a live body? This may be the only way to get to the bottom of this.
Page 17/18 if your following thread, offered as they are fluent in the language and also have family residing in Hungry they would reach out. Waiting on results.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Page 17/18 if your following thread, offered as they are fluent in the language and also have family residing in Hungry they would reach out. Waiting on results.
Many of us are waiting for results. Hopefully they're following the thread and can give an update as to how they're making out with getting that conversation going.

Reactions: GColl71190
341 - 360 of 396 Posts