Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I never paid for the navigation package nor for updates. I bought a nav card through Ebay and was able to download updates including last year with this site. This leads me to believe it’s not officially tied to the same process that people have paid for.
Yep, same here as described above, no problem and installing yesterday.

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
409 Posts
Interesting that you folks across the pond are able to install it, but not we here in the colonies. A matter of some back taxes on tea, perhaps? :LOL:

Reactions: jetlag

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Something is odd that's for sure....we had this conversation 12 months ago and if I remember correctly...you boys and girls on "The Dark Side" were behind us here in "Brexit, Covid stage very few understand" UK when the new updates arrived, that, I cannot understand really as a release is a release...isn't it ? and google is on the "World Wide Web" they tell me, so as to why you guys cannot update at the same time.....Love the humour lads, Cheers
ron

·
Registered
2018 Classica
20 Posts
No luck when I go to update it just now - I’m told ‘there has been an issue connecting to the Naviextras server...’

I have a feeling the Europe system is up and running, and the NA side is still a work in progress! 🚧

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
No luck when I go to update it just now - I’m told ‘there has been an issue connecting to the Naviextras server...’

I have a feeling the Europe system is up and running, and the NA side is still a work in progress! 🚧
"I Think"...That may be it..."The Server", I reckon all is in place but your server isn't playing the game, yet; Would be interesting to see what the boys and girls in mainland Europe, Canada, Oz and Timbuktu get on....Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Reactions: AnClar and jetlag

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
409 Posts
As of 5:15PM Central US Daylight time Saturday 10/17, still showing the update available, still get the "Error Connecting to Server" message. I'm guessing it'll be next week at the earliest before they'll address this problem. In the meantime, anyone thinking about throwing away money...err...renewing your subscription in the U.S. should probably hold off until we see if they get around to fixing the download issues.

Reactions: melandat

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
My 3 years update were over last year, so the only update I see and did is the Android auto play. 😎

Reactions: jetlag

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Good Sunday morning to everyone from the east coast of the US! Tried again and it's still a no go. :(
I just tried and failed as well. The site happily took my money for a three year update subscription, but when I do the install, it hangs at 0% progress for a few minutes, then pops up an error message stating an issue wih connecting to the Naviextras update server. I did some Googling on the issue and found a smilar situation discussed this spring in the Mazda community. Apparently their payment processing servers are scaled adequately, but their data content servers can't cope with the volume. The solution for most appeared to be to wait a couple of weeks after the update was announced, and then they were able to update without any issues. If I get insomnia, I'll try at 01:00 in the morning, and if that doesn't work I'll leave it till November and try again then. I have sent a trouble ticket to their support folks, but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of a response.

·
Vendor
3,339 Posts
I hope this gets resolved. I use the map all the time, and now I'm finding more and more omissions due to new construction in my town.

Greg

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
409 Posts
I hope everyone who is unable to download the update, especially those who just paid for it submit a trouble ticket, as a number of us already have. The more we flood them with trouble tickets, the better the chance they will do something about it sooner rather than later.

Reactions: CDPond

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
409 Posts
7PM CDT US, still no luck. Sent another trouble ticket to Naviextras support. They seem to never respond to my help requests either. And I've checked my spam filters, etc., etc.. I wouldn't be so annoyed except for they have my money and are unable to deliver the product I paid for, not even a response to my trouble report. Some people would call this a technical glitch, others woud call it fraud. I just want the damn map update I paid for. We'll see if there's any change Monday. Apparently they don't work weekends...except to collect money. If there's no change and no reponse tomorrow, I'll consider cancelling the payment through my credit card company, to redo if and when they ever get the download working. smh

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I just tried and failed as well. The site happily took my money for a three year update subscription, but when I do the install, it hangs at 0% progress for a few minutes, then pops up an error message stating an issue wih connecting to the Naviextras update server. I did some Googling on the issue and found a smilar situation discussed this spring in the Mazda community. Apparently their payment processing servers are scaled adequately, but their data content servers can't cope with the volume. The solution for most appeared to be to wait a couple of weeks after the update was announced, and then they were able to update without any issues. If I get insomnia, I'll try at 01:00 in the morning, and if that doesn't work I'll leave it till November and try again then. I have sent a trouble ticket to their support folks, but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of a response.
Calvin with that money, you should of got the kit at Aliexpress for 127.00 US, free shipping to Canada. I have some glitches but the maps and cell phone work fine. I can use the non Auto play and if I need recent maps I,ll connect to the Android Auto play. It was a challange to remove and put those parts back cause it's all plastic clips and you have to be careful. so If I did it, majority of the members can do it.
For solutions, I am searching more the MX5 forums.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Calvin with that money, you should of got the kit at Aliexpress for 127.00 US, free shipping to Canada. I have some glitches but the maps and cell phone work fine. I can use the non Auto play and if I need recent maps I,ll connect to the Android Auto play. It was a challange to remove and put those parts back cause it's all plastic clips and you have to be careful. so If I did it, majority of the members can do it.
For solutions, I am searching more the MX5 forums.
I hear you Frank. I have Android Auto in my Telluride, and I'll be upfront and say I'm personally not a big fan of it. I've used the OEM nav system a considerable amount since I purchased the vehicle and I'm happy with the way it performs. Once you know the quirks and how it needs to be handled, it does what I need quite well. The updated content provider... that's a whole different story. I tried to access the downloads last night around 02:00, and no luck. So I'm going to let it sit until the end of the month and try again then. Since I won't be driving it before May, I've got lots of time to get it sorted out.

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
409 Posts
No luck 11:15AM CDT US time. This time I tried disabling my virus protect software since some folks on the Mazda forums said that helped back in 2017 when the same issue came up for the Mazda map updates. Didn't help. Still no response to my help tickets either. And as some have mentioned, NNG is located in Budapest. Could be language issues, could be international servers, could be they just don't care. FWIW I'll keep checking periodically.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
No luck 11:15AM CDT US time. This time I tried disabling my virus protect software since some folks on the Mazda forums said that helped back in 2017 when the same issue came up for the Mazda map updates. Didn't help. Still no response to my help tickets either. And as some have mentioned, NNG is located in Budapest. Could be language issues, could be international servers, could be they just don't care. FWIW I'll keep checking periodically.
I'm leaning towards the "they don't give a rat's ass" scenario....

21 - 40 of 99 Posts