Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

461 - 480 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I am trying to pay for 3 years, but having problem inserting my credit card into the Laptop, First I cannot tap it due to it's over $100.
Second, my old laptop, had SD inserts, my new laptop has none of those. So I cannot come to pay for the 3 years update, looks like I will content myself with the ANDROID AUTO. Maybe they have to give it free. LOL

·
Registered
2017 Classica
113 Posts
Many thanks to @cadams155 and @AnClar and everyone else who persevered on this! I just downloaded the map update and tested it on my car. It works! The site said I had no more updates coming and said I would have to pay for more, and I believe I’m entitled to one more, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it! For now, I’m just happy to have an update and happy to be connected to this extraordinary and resourceful group of car owners!
I had not heard anything from my contact at Stellantis in a while, but I reached out yesterday and had not heard back. Needless to say, I was surprised and happy when I pulled up this thread this morning. It seems like FCA/Naviextras pulled it off just as the posts were starting to turn to “legal action”...great timing indeed!
Let’s hope the UK issue is likewise resolved shortly and that we’ll all be in a position to take long overdue drives in our cars!

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
I am trying to pay for 3 years, but having problem inserting my credit card into the Laptop, First I cannot tap it due to it's over $100.
Second, my old laptop, had SD inserts, my new laptop has none of those. So I cannot come to pay for the 3 years update, looks like I will content myself with the ANDROID AUTO. Maybe they have to give it free. LOL
Frank, my Win10 Pro tablet doesn't have SD slots either, but you can easily lay hands on a USB3.0 capable card reader that attaches via your USB port (which I'm sure you do have on your laptop). That's what I've always used to update my SD nav card, and it works like a charm.

Reactions: GColl71190

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Frank, my Win10 Pro tablet doesn't have SD slots either, but you can easily lay hands on a USB3.0 capable card reader that attaches via your USB port (which I'm sure you do have on your laptop). That's what I've always used to update my SD nav card, and it works like a charm.
Calving, I know that, but I want to feel like I am at an ATM. LOL

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
478 Posts
I thought that the NA maps still fit on the 8GB card ?....... if not, see my previous post 👍
They do. Before I did the latest update, my card showed about 5.7GB used out of 7GB total. After this update it now shows approx 6GB used of 7GB total.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Some printers have SD card slots. Not sure if they are just readers but you can check if you have one on the printer.

·
Registered
2017 124 Fiat Spider Lusso
3 Posts
Are you certain it is the card giving you the insufficient space message? The reason I ask is that the process is that the server downloads the maps to your computer first and then copies them to the SD card. So if there is insufficient hard drive space on the computer to hold the maps, you will get an insufficient space message. This happened to me when I tried to d/l the NA maps to another computer I own. When I tried it on a computer with more hard drive space it worked OK. Just a thought that you might be having that issue.
Yes, it was the card, not sure what was going on. I copied everything on it over to a 16gb card and was able to update that one and use it in the Spider.

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
518 Posts
Logged in, inserted my factory supplied SD card and everything went according to Hoyle. Took about 45 minutes to download and install. Next is to insert card into the Abarth and see if it's functional. Can't actually go out for a drive though until the winter weather gods go to sleep and let the greenery come back. Hoping all is as it should be. Thanks all who persevered in getting this corrected. Kudos to you and a couple of beers are on me should we meet up. (y) 😀

·
Registered
266 Posts
I inserted my card into our 2020 spider and it works fine after the update. Many mention that their stock SD card is only 8gb. Mine came from the dealer with a 16gb card. I guess the SD card size went up in 2020?

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
518 Posts
My 2018 also came from the dealer with the factory supplied SD card and it's a 16gb card as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I installed the latest version of Naviextras Toolbox 5.3 however, NaviExtras Does Not Recognize my OEM Fiat SD card ( 8gb ) with the map. I have updated them before 1 year ago, so I am familiar with the procedure, it's just not working this time. Windows 10 PC sees the card... I have not done anything different than I have done before and now Naviextras will not recognize anything.

(ง'̀-'́)ง

I have tried the same steps on two different computers, running Windows 10 32bit, one Windows 10 32bit. One PC has a built-in card reader.

SD Card CID: 035344535530384780E80D8EB9002600

USA/CAN/MEX

DD1B 66 EZ1

3137676 Rev 02

Maps by: HERE

Made in the USA

<Job Number>

"Naviextras Toolbox will automatically detect your device."

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
478 Posts
I installed the latest version of Naviextras Toolbox 5.3 however, NaviExtras Does Not Recognize my OEM Fiat SD card ( 8gb ) with the map. I have updated them before 1 year ago, so I am familiar with the procedure, it's just not working this time. Windows 10 PC sees the card... I have not done anything different than I have done before and now Naviextras will not recognize anything.

(ง'̀-'́)ง

I have tried the same steps on two different computers, running Windows 10 32bit, one Windows 10 32bit. One PC has a built-in card reader.

View attachment 81484 View attachment 81486

View attachment 81488

SD Card CID: 035344535530384780E80D8EB9002600

USA/CAN/MEX

DD1B 66 EZ1

3137676 Rev 02

Maps by: HERE

Made in the USA

<Job Number>

"Naviextras Toolbox will automatically detect your device."
View attachment 81483
Have you tried with the older version of Map Update Toolbox you can download from fiatconnect.com? That’s the version I used, and I think others have used as well. A while back I was able to d/l that newer version of Naviextras Toolbox from the Naviextras website that you have. That newer one never recognized my SD card either. I think the different Map Update Toolbox versions have hard coding to only recognize SD cards or other removable media from specific manufacturers. Like when we were all having map d/l problems I tried to use the Mazda map update toolbox software. It wouldn’t recognize my SD card either. The only map update toolbox version that has worked for me is the one I got from the fiat connect web site.

Reactions: Arthur

·
Registered
132 Posts
Have you tried with the older version of Map Update Toolbox you can download from fiatconnect.com? That’s the version I used, and I think others have used as well. A while back I was able to d/l that newer version of Naviextras Toolbox from the Naviextras website that you have. That newer one never recognized my SD card either. I think the different Map Update Toolbox versions have hard coding to only recognize SD cards or other removable media from specific manufacturers. Like when we were all having map d/l problems I tried to use the Mazda map update toolbox software. It wouldn’t recognize my SD card either. The only map update toolbox version that has worked for me is the one I got from the fiat connect web site.
I installed "FIAT TOOLBOX:" from https://www.naviextras.com/to/MapUpdateTB4Windows. It started to read card content, VIN was displayed, and it corrupted my SD card. What a hassle! I will need to go dealer to fix this good I have few months left with my warranty.

·
Registered
2018 Red Top Edition
32 Posts
I inserted my card into our 2020 spider and it works fine after the update. Many mention that their stock SD card is only 8gb. Mine came from the dealer with a 16gb card. I guess the SD card size went up in 2020?
My 2018 came w/16gb as well.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Some printers have SD card slots. Not sure if they are just readers but you can check if you have one on the printer.
Calvin I am pulling your leg. LOL I have the USB which I can read all the SD cards, maybe down the road I'll update it for 1 year but I invested in Android Auto.
By the way, the Cones are not the main problem to Montreal Traffic, it's the darn bicycle path which the Mayor has been placing thus shrinking lanes, but the Fire Dept. stepped in, plus Motorist have been complaining that they pay for the roads and Cyclist contribute nothing. Cause it's a Municipal election year, she held back, But me think she'll get the boot.

461 - 480 of 515 Posts