Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking of buying used, but a poster told me new is under $20k too so I reached out to some dealers. One price back so far & that was $29k on an Abarth. Either said poster is wrong or this dealer is super insane. Car has nav & sound pkg & convenience group.

I'll stick to used if I buy at this point. :|

·
Registered
284 Posts
My brand new 2017 Abarth with the LED's, Nav, and Recaro seats came out to $32,300 before taxes when I bought in in Jan 2017.

I don't see why you couldn't get a higher mileage, base 2017 Abarth for around $20K though. Just don't expect LED's or Nav or Recaros for that price unless you get really lucky lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just posted on your WTB.

I shopped for about 9 months and flew done to Houston to buy what I thought was the best deal in the country in November.

'17 Abarth, auto, convenience package (so no LEDs but blindspot and such), black.
It was $22.3k after all feesEXCLUDING tax (because I paid that in Michigan)

There was an ok white one for sale in PA but it was an auto. It did have everything you wanted. Odd thing was it had 3 owners previously. One guy bought for a summer. Prices will keep dropping, but from my research, once it hits April, price hold pretty steady.

There is a red one in Janesville, WI for 21.6k that has everything you want. Usually Wi isn't bad with fees. That could be a good buy

·
Registered
435 Posts
Once you start adding option packages the price will bump over $20k. But there are new ones to be had for $20k.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Not sure if AutoTrader works well for you folks stateside, but in the GWN (great white north, aka Canada), its a great research tool. Just do a search on 124 Spider Abarth models, and open up your search range to continental US and you'll get some good info. When I just ran the query with those options, I got 315 hits.... but that drops to 35 if you search only used models. And of those, only three are private sellers. The private sellers are asking under $20k. The dealerships are asking around $24 or higher.

Speculation on my part is that since most of the used market is from dealerships, I'm assuming these are folks that traded in lease units to go to newer models. But that is pure, rampant speculation on my part.

New ones look to be ranging from $34k upwards.

Happy hunting...

·
Registered
2017 Nero Cinema Abarth M/T
93 Posts
I purchased a used 2017 Abarth 124 for 24k but I bought it through a Fiat dealership to get an extended warranty. Mine has an M/T, Brembos, Recaros and the Navigation. It does not have the LED's which I'm fond of since I can't stand the headlight washers and living in Florida they are pointless. I searched for a little while and found some private sellers with slightly better deals but I wanted to work with a dealership for the added assurance and extra warranty plan.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Last June I bought my new ‘17 Classica MT with Tech package for $18,501 ($20k even out the door taxes, title, license). Look for holdovers and you can find a deal!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I bought my Abarth for $26,250 last winter. It would have been $25,750, but I elected 0.9% financing instead of the extra $500 off.

I would definitely try to buy last years model (same car), and order in December-February for the most incentive to move a convertible when there's snow on the road.

·
Registered
197 Posts
New, 2018 White Abarth automatic. CONVENIENCE pkg, SOUND - Nav pkg, Visibity pkg, Brembro, red black seats, stripe, window tint. $30,804 before florida Tax Tag and title fees. Added 6 yr 100,000 mile Bumper to Bumper extended warranty for $1800.00

Attachments

A

·
0 Posts
Have not paid yet :)

I have my 2019 Abarth Spider, fully loaded apart from Brembo brakes on order. I know what sort of discount from MSRP I will get from my dealer, but the final price will be effected by the Fiat incentives (if any) at the time the car is available for delivery. And that can makes the price vary by thousands.

There is unfortunately a lot of negativity on reliability of Italian cars, and that effects the resale value. So used ones will represent great value to the buyer.

The Spider is built on the same production line as the Mazda Miata in Japan, but with enough changes to make it have a lot of character.

The only area of concern may be the Italian made 1.4 Turbo engine, but then when I look at used 500's with 60,000, 70,000, miles on the odometer and a couple of friends with high milage Fiats I no longer consider even the engine an issue.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I had an 80 Fiat that I drove the snot out of. Sat in a garage for 10 years. Changed some basic stuff, and off I went. The only engine problems I had was the starter was less than reliable (replaced with an upgraded starter from AutoRicambi) the distributor internals exploded at 80mph - probably because it was original at over 30 years old. This Fiat engine has some quirks but nothing drastic. I think the electronics is a greater liability, but no more than any other modern car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was offered a modded 2017 Classica (bolt-ons, tune & coilovers) with 17k miles for $17k today

N

·
0 Posts
I bought my (new) 2018 Abarth last month. MSRP was $34k; I paid about $26k. Recaro, nav, sound. I went to a dealer in a far suburban location (where all people want to buy are Ram Trucks, Jeeps, and SUVs). My beauty had been on the lot for 6 months, and they knew I was an interested buyer. Their first offer was $31k. I kept saying 'no' and would get up to leave. It took a while, but we finally settled on $500 more than my first offer. Winter is a great time to buy a convertible. :)

I was looking at used, too, but the problem is, there aren't many! At least not around here....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What should one expect to pay for a used 2018 Lusso that's still pretty much a new car, but was bought at auction b/c the original dealer went out of business? I drove this car yesterday. Listed at $23,800

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought a loaded lusso this past June. 15,000 miles on it. $25,000.

Reactions: sharkcohen
D

·
0 Posts
New, 2018 White Abarth automatic. CONVENIENCE pkg, SOUND - Nav pkg, Visibity pkg, Brembro, red black seats, stripe, window tint. $30,804 before florida Tax Tag and title fees. Added 6 yr 100,000 mile Bumper to Bumper extended warranty for $1800.00
how come you paid tax on the full amount rather than after your trade in?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts