Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I bought a loaded lusso this past June. 15,000 miles on it. $25,000.
THat's high. I drove a new 2018 (but listed as used since it was bought from a dealer that went under) with 2 miles on it & not loaded. $23,800 is the listed price

·
Registered
197 Posts
New, 2018 White Abarth automatic. CONVENIENCE pkg, SOUND - Nav pkg, Visibity pkg, Brembro, red black seats, stripe, window tint. $30,804 before florida Tax Tag and title fees. Added 6 yr 100,000 mile Bumper to Bumper extended warranty for $1800.00
how come you paid tax on the full amount rather than after your trade in?
Taxes were after trade in. That was just the final vehicle negotiated price where we started. Of course there was trade, down payment, taxes and state fees. etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did my homework and got the best price for the car I wanted (everything available on a Lusso). Each passing model year means that there are more Spiders available. Not many '17s were available when I got mine. Addidtionally, I rounded up on mileage and price. Are there better deals out there? Probably. For reference here is what the local Fiat dealer lists:
2018 124 SPIDER LUSSO
MSRP*

$33,725
Calculate Payment

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I’d offer you my Lusso, but you want a manual.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased an 2018 M/T Abarth with every option and package (except Recaro. Has the red/black seats) with 237 miles on it for $23,137. Sticker on the car was $37,160.
Keep looking, the deals are out there.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I wasn't expecting too much in the way of discount based on my list of required options resulting in very few stock cars being available. My 124 ended up really being a built to order 2019 model with most of the options before the 2019 pricing was made available so I trusted the dealer would act in good faith in keeping to an approximate discount approach.

The dealer kept to their word and I was able to get just over $3000 discount plus 48 months at 0.9% financing.

I am sure I could have got a cheaper price if I wanted to haggle/negotiate with other dealers and have the hassle, however I chose a price that I was comfortable with, that was as good/better than I could get via the Costco auto program, from a dealer that was well regarded and not too far away (3.5 hr drive).

Ultimately if you are comfortable with the price you paid then that is all that matters.

TheSalamander

·
Registered
61 Posts
2017 abarth, used with 6k miles. Fully loaded with lux, led, brembo, and recaro. Around 6k of aftermarket parts (intake, catback exhaust, wheels, ecm piggyback ect).

26k out the door. Had to fly down to dallas to get it, but an amazing deal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I thought I'd revive this thread since I am in the market for a Abarth or Miata.

The automobile market has been unique due to the pandemic. I have seen auction results for BRAND NEW Abarths the last few months. Brand new Abarths sold for mostly $20K-$22K. A couple loaded ones sold for $24K-$26K. These are brand new cars. That means Fiat dealers dumped new inventory. Possibly Fiat dealers that closed?

There are brand new left over 2019s and 2020s for sale. There are cash rebates. The same cash rebates are carried over from last month. 9/1/2020 through 9/31/2020 there are $2000-$4000 cash rebates available depending on which part of the country you are in. About $1000 difference between '19s and '20s for the cash rebates. The larger cash rebates seem to be in the Southern and Gulf regions.

So far I have seen $6000-$7000 off msrp for brand new 2019 and 2020 Abarths. I expect more incentives or discounts now that convertible and sport car season is over.

What kind of deals did you get? What did you guys pay? I have read about $10K discounts on this forum. How many of you got $10K off? When and where?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am also interested prices paid for used deals. When did you buy, model year, MSRP, options, miles, condition and price? Dealer or private party?

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Abarth
28 Posts
I just got my used 2018 124 Sider Abarth, automatic, metallic blue, 39,000 miles, stock except for rear camera, and great condition last week in Orlando for 20.6k plus normal dealer fees.

Edit: The car I got just showed up at the dealership when I started looking at it. I test drove it before it was even detailed or serviced and still had the other owners stuff behind the seats. That put me at a disadvantage with negotiations. I could have probably gotten more off if I played hardball but I love the car so the little extra is worth the risk of not losing it to someone else.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Bought a fully-loaded new 2018 Abarth in March 2019: MSRP was $38,000; paid $30,500 + tax & license.

It has 7,900 miles 1.5 years later.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bought a fully-loaded new 2018 Abarth in March 2019: MSRP was $38,000; paid $30,500 + tax & license.

It has 7,900 miles 1.5 years later.

View attachment 79157
I love the red! What options? Did you do a dealer search or find it through a car site like Autotrader? Was the price listed or did you have to work on them for the price? Any other rebates like military or anything?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a used 2018 Abarth a few weeks ago. One prior owner who owned it for a year. Fairly loaded. 39k original which includes leather seats...no Recaro, auto, brembos, convenience/comfort, visibility, heritage stripe. 3200 miles on it 23.5k. I had planned to buy new but got tired of talking to dealers. There weren't a lot of loaded Abarths anywhere and few in the Northeast that were offering any of the discounts I kept hearing others were getting elsewhere. I bought the one I have from a Midwest dealer. Happy with it. I've never had a Mazda so infotainment is odd to me but will get used to it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought a used 2018 Abarth a few weeks ago. One prior owner who owned it for a year. Fairly loaded. 39k original which includes leather seats...no Recaro, auto, brembos, convenience/comfort, visibility, heritage stripe. 3200 miles on it 23.5k. I had planned to buy new but got tired of talking to dealers. There weren't a lot of loaded Abarths anywhere and few in the Northeast that were offering any of the discounts I kept hearing others were getting elsewhere. I bought the one I have from a Midwest dealer. Happy with it. I've never had a Mazda so infotainment is odd to me but will get used to it.
That sounds like a great deal. Did you find the dealer / car through one of the online car sites? Was it a Fiat dealer?

·
Registered
872 Posts
I love the red! What options? Did you do a dealer search or find it through a car site like Autotrader? Was the price listed or did you have to work on them for the price? Any other rebates like military or anything?
Thanks!

It has Brembo brakes, adaptive LED headlights, navigation, Bose sound, blind spot monitor, garage door opener, auto dimming mirrors, backup sensors, Abarth Sport seats with red leather inserts.

I searched on cargurus.com and found the exact car I wanted 250 miles away. The dealer had it fully discounted, including a $4,000 factory rebate. Then I went into my Credit Union’s car buying service and built the exact same car and hit submit. I got a dealer 125 miles away willing to get me that car farther away, cutting my drive in half, and to honor the price the other dealer had it listed at.

Additionally, I got a lower interest rate for using the credit union’s car buying service.

I was on the fence about the Heritage Stripe, but now I am glad I got it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That sounds like a great deal. Did you find the dealer / car through one of the online car sites? Was it a Fiat dealer?
Thanks!

It has Brembo brakes, adaptive LED headlights, navigation, Bose sound, blind spot monitor, garage door opener, auto dimming mirrors, backup sensors, Abarth Sport seats with red leather inserts.

I searched on cargurus.com and found the exact car I wanted 250 miles away. The dealer had it fully discounted, including a $4,000 factory rebate. Then I went into my Credit Union’s car buying service and built the exact same car and hit submit. I got a dealer 125 miles away willing to get me that car farther away, cutting my drive in half, and to honor the price the other dealer had it listed at.

Additionally, I got a lower interest rate for using the credit union’s car buying service.

View attachment 79164

I was on the fence about the Heritage Stripe, but now I am glad I got it.

View attachment 79165
I know what you mean about the heritage stripe. I like it on certain colors. What I don't like is the cost. It's the most expensive option on the car. The heritage stripe works well with the red exterior. The red sport seats are very Italian! I'd consider passing on Recaros for those red seats now? They look great with the red exterior and black stripe. Really sharp. Nicely done!

There are not many Abarths in the Chicago area so I will have to travel. I might give the Costco car buying service a try after hearing about your deal? Maybe a hungry dealer will offer up a deal?

I was looking for new originally but Isabel2020 has me considering a mint used one now also?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chrysler, gm, Buick dealership in a non metro area. It was a trade-in. Dealer said owner hated getting in and out of it. I stalked every loaded Abarth on cargurus and autotrader for a month and found this. It had most everything I wanted so negotiated 500 off and bought it even though it was 1200 miles away. Dealer told me after that everyone who expressed interest was from PA, my state, or NJ.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
A tick over $30K, including sales tax and fees.

Reactions: rexracerx9

·
Registered
68 Posts
Chrysler, gm, Buick dealership in a non metro area. It was a trade-in. Dealer said owner hated getting in and out of it. I stalked every loaded Abarth on cargurus and autotrader for a month and found this. It had most everything I wanted so negotiated 500 off and bought it even though it was 1200 miles away. Dealer told me after that everyone who expressed interest was from PA, my state, or NJ.
I am not in a rush. I am going to start paying attention to used also now. Hopefully dealers start adjusting prices for winter soon. I think you got a nice one for a good price. Did the dealer arrange shipping or did you? How much was the shipping?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts