Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My VSO (Very Significant Other), is 83, 5'3" and weighs 103 lbs. While she does enjoy riding in my new shiny red Abarth, I didn't want her to feel that she was in some pit while riding in the passenger seat. To correct that situation, I placed two cushions on her seat to raise her position. She did enjoy that elevation, but oh my, the Pass Airbag Off warning light came on. That's not a favorable situation. There are only three pictures attached. They show the seat cushions I placed in the passenger seat. The second picture shows the dash airbag warning light. Lastly, the suggested solution. Purchased some Polymer sheet stock 1/4" thick 12" X 12" for a total cost of $15.33 and placed this sheet below the two cushions I used originally. It worked! :laugh: She now enjoys an elevated position, and the airbags will work.

Attachments

Reactions: Fiatbreath

·
Registered
113 Posts
No doubt that will prove a helpful bit of information for a few folks, but I think the real story here is that you have a SO of 83 who is happy to accompany you in your Abarth. I can only hope I'll be so lucky. At only 48 the signals are not so favorable!

Reactions: Fiatbreath
1 - 2 of 2 Posts