Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I hope it will be a spectacular game. Italy has to defend its honor. But Italy when backed to the wall, they become wild Animals. England need to show they're a good team also.
May the show begin

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like not too many soccer fans here, well you missed a very interesting game.
England had more opportunities to score then Italians , but the Italians MID to Goaly was very strong to stop England from scoring.
But Italians capitalized a on a precise pass from defence to a forward where he controlled and outplayed the English defence and scoring on a nice strike of the ball.

Italy 1 England 0

·
Registered
916 Posts
My family and I were in Europe in 2010 when the world cup was in South Africa. It was a great experience, filled with excitement and camaraderie with the locals, and the kids were entertained during our late, but customary, dinners because there was always a game on.

Alas, because of money and bribery and greed, it will be on during the winter holidays. Pass.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, Italy will not be going to the World Cup.
It doesn't surprise me at all, like I said Italians are strong from goalie to mid fielders, but forward they lack experience. Why it starts from the Local Serie A teams, If you look at the top teams all their forwards are non-Italians actually they have more non Italians then Italians on their teams.
So when the NATIONAL team plays with other teams, well those forwards they lack experience cause Penalty shots or important shots are taken from top non Italian teams. So that's why Italy either they win or don't make it. LOL

Small countries due to their players play in Spain, Germany, UK, France or Italy, well they hold key positions and therefore these small countries they take the place of the Established Countries.
Fans like a strong local team, so they get top international players but their National team suffers.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My family and I were in Europe in 2010 when the world cup was in South Africa. It was a great experience, filled with excitement and camaraderie with the locals, and the kids were entertained during our late, but customary, dinners because there was always a game on.

Alas, because of money and bribery and greed, it will be on during the winter holidays. Pass.
If my memory is right, they got kicked out on the first round, not winning a game. Why Cause LIPPI from hero 2006 winning the World Cup became a ZERO getting kicked out on the first round. He brought almost the same 2006 players to the 2010. Even players did not want to go, cause they were too old to go.
You must have felt that delusion. LOL Italians already knew they wouldn't go far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts