Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Oil change at dealer

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  StunnedMonkey 
#1 ·
My A124 rolled over 5K miles last week, so I called the local Fiat dealer to schedule an oil / filter change and tire rotation. They said I didn't need an appointment, just go to the service drive-thru and go to the "express" desk. Left work early yesterday to do this, ended up being there for about 2 hours, which I guess isn't too bad, considering the other horror stories I've read about similar "express" services. They changed the oil, oil filter, rotated the tires, topped off my fluids, and did a "courtesy inspection", to the tune of $90. Seems kinda pricey to me, but since the 124 has that funky upside down oil filter, I figured I'd let a dealer do it, plus there's a record of it being done at a dealer (in addition to the paper copy).

What have other folks paid for a simple oil / filter change and tire rotation? Would be interesting to read how the prices vary by dealer and location. This was $90 in Newport News, VA.

#2 ·
My A124 rolled over 5K miles last week, so I called the local Fiat dealer to schedule an oil / filter change and tire rotation. They said I didn't need an appointment, just go to the service drive-thru and go to the "express" desk. Left work early yesterday to do this, ended up being there for about 2 hours, which I guess isn't too bad, considering the other horror stories I've read about similar "express" services. They changed the oil, oil filter, rotated the tires, topped off my fluids, and did a "courtesy inspection", to the tune of $90. Seems kinda pricey to me, but since the 124 has that funky upside down oil filter, I figured I'd let a dealer do it, plus there's a record of it being done at a dealer (in addition to the paper copy).

What have other folks paid for a simple oil / filter change and tire rotation? Would be interesting to read how the prices vary by dealer and location. This was $90 in Newport News, VA.

Doesn't sound too bad with the tire rotation and inspections. My wife took my ram truck yesterday to the Greenville, NC, FCA dealer for an oil, oil filter change and tire rotation, plus same similar inspections you mentioned. $224.00 dollars!! I should mention it is a diesel engine, lol.

#6 ·
I bought a "retirement" home in Washington last year, which is pretty close to Greenville. Does that FCA dealer in Greenville work on Fiats? Good to know what I paid is within the realm of what other dealers across the country charge.

#3 ·
My dealer charges $75 for the oil change, top off of fluids and inspection. Cheers

#5 ·
They are ~$75 here in Tempe, AZ but you can buy a 4 pack of changes for $185 through the MyFiat website.

#8 ·
I have done an oil change myself, it cost right at $50.00. in order to keep in line with any warranty claims, I write with a sharpie the mileage and the date of the oil change on the replacement filter box, and place the old used filter in a plastic bag inside the box. the filters are kept in my workshop. so if someone were to challenge whether oil changes were completed, I have proof and a chronological history of the engine wear with the particular matter trapped in the filters.

#10 ·
Mopar usually sends email with reduction of $20 off the price. You have to be registered with them. That would be around $80. cdn
Maybe things get more expensive in the west end than the East end.>:)

#12 ·
My experience at the Mopar Express was similar, though I paid only $54 for the oil change. No rotation.

It was a tad disconcerting as when I checked in at the counter the individual taking my info looked at my car and asked "what sort of car is that anyway?" :|

I was there a good two hours, and they admitted to me that they had a hard time figuring out how to remove the oil filter. Not sure they'd ever seen a 124 there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.