Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be concerned If my Fiat 124 classic went through 2 quarts of oil in 2100 miles? Car only has 2100 miles.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Probably. Unless you've got a huge puddle under the car, or laying on top of the liner under the engine.... that would be a lot to consume for that short a distance. I'd have it checked out.

As an FYI, mine does consume oil. Not as much as you've seen though, maybe a quart over twice that distance. Others here on the site note they don't consume oil at all. Do a search on the forum and you'll find a lot of posts on this topic.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Unless you have visible oil leaks or your engine is running poorly the dealer probably won't do anything until you've hit 7,500 miles. Fiat service manual says that the engine might use more oil than normal up to the 7,500 mile mark and repairs should be delayed until that point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would be concerned
I have not used any oil between changes. I have a practice that I follow with all my new cars. I change the oil and filter at 1000 kilometers or 500-600 miles. I feel if there are any filings in the oil i want to get them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts