Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the size of the oil drain plug? the thread size and pitch. I was looking to order a magnetic drain plug, and need to know what the specs are....

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Dunno. If it needs to be drained anyway, drain it, clean the plug, head to a hardware store and go thru the nuts until you find the mate.

Careful, though. The oil pan plug has a built-on rubber gasket rather than a replaceable metal crush washer. I don't know if our pan is designed for one over the other, but heads up.

Steve.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to be able to order a magnetic drain plug prior to doing an oil change. I tend to like to be prepared to do a job. so if anyone knows the size and thread pitch of these plugs, I would appreciate your sharing your knowledge....

·
Registered
673 Posts
I was hoping to be able to order a magnetic drain plug prior to doing an oil change. I tend to like to be prepared to do a job. so if anyone knows the size and thread pitch of these plugs, I would appreciate your sharing your knowledge....
I am pretty sure it is M14X1.50

·
Registered
673 Posts
I confirm that M14x1.5 based on AutoZone and AdvanceAuto web site listings for 2016 Fiat 500 1.4.
My 500L has the same Italian built turbo 1.4 as the spider. I changed the oil in the 500L yesterday an it was a M14X1.50... I am assuming the Spider is the same. I only have 1200 miles on the Spider, so I haven't changed the oil yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts