Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
2017 Abarth 124 Spider AT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking forward to some extensive track days/time attack this season, and I'm quite worried about not being able to track the oil temperature while on track (pun intended).

I'm fine throwing in an oil gauge with some aftermarket oil cooler (plenty of space for that in front, I reckon), but I'm wondering how actually good is the stock cooling on our cars. I want to avoid any unnecessary mods, including any extra gauges and dials to the interior.

I live in Ukraine and summer temps are often around 30C (86F), so I'm wondering if anyone has data on how good is oil cooling in track modes at such temps. Will appreciate you sharing your experience.

· Banned
2017 Abarth 124 Spider AT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our dyno can track oil temps. I haven't seen any problem but if people are interested I'll make a video about it showing the actual data. I need to make some videos with my Spider anyway.

Greg
Thanks Greg! That would be interesting, but I'm not sure it would be representational of the real oil heating during track usage at high ambient temps — I wouldn't imagine you wanting to dynotest cars blowing hot air on them :)

Anyways will really appreciate at least some data — the 124's frontend with a wide grille and a lot of space in the front suggests it must be quite good in a cooling department, but having data is better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.