Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Lusso
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2019 Lusso that I bought last October. My husband changed the oil even though it has only 450 miles on the odometer because the car was assembled in Japan last March, and the engine came from Italy, so the oil is almost a year old. We followed advice from two mechanics and Valvoline tech -- the only oil we could readily find that is "on the list." The oil came out of the sump BLACK! My question is: Is that normal? Should it be so dark already? I don't care about the color as long as the oil retains its properties. No complaints about my beautiful new car -- I was just surprised.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Color isn’t an indicator of condition.

Reactions: Chainringtattoo

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have a new 2019 Lusso that I bought last October. My husband changed the oil even though it has only 450 miles on the odometer because the car was assembled in Japan last March, and the engine came from Italy, so the oil is almost a year old. We followed advice from two mechanics and Valvoline tech -- the only oil we could readily find that is "on the list." The oil came out of the sump BLACK! My question is: Is that normal? Should it be so dark already? I don't care about the color as long as the oil retains its properties. No complaints about my beautiful new car -- I was just surprised.
you really can’t tell the condition of the oil with the color. it needs a proper oil analysis. Unless it came out like glue lol

excuse me if I laugh when you said
“vavoline tech”

But it is good if you change oil right after break in

1 - 3 of 3 Posts