Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted, I didn't crawl all the way under the rear of the car but from my vantage point while changing the oil I sure didn't see any bulged pipes forward of the rear axle. The only thing looking slightly different was the pipe along the transmission. Pictures I've found of the underside sure don't look like my car. So, where did they hide the thing?

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Pretty much under the passenger' left knee on LHD and the driver's on a RHD.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You can't see it from underneath.
The fiat only has one Cat. The mazda has 2, of which, one is located under the passenger's knee.
On the fiat, the single Cat is combined with the downpipe, meaning it is connected to the output of the turbo and is running vertically down the firewall on the drivers side.

·
Registered
483 Posts
the catalytic converter is part of the downpipe, bolted directly to the turbocharger. from underneath, it is connected to the top of the crossover pipe, above the second O2 sensor.

·
Registered
727 Posts
In the MX5 thats the case, but the Spider doesnt have a cat there. Our cat is located in the downpipe right behind the turbo.
It's too bad they make us live with that unnecessary intrusive hump in the passenger footwell.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. No wonder I didn't see it. That's no mans land up in there. Did anyone else notice the NACA duct on the pan covering the oil pan? I'm having fun with my that. Sending a picture of it along with pictures of F1 cars and jets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts