Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The online (and/or offline) version of the MX-5 service manual for the ND MX-5 has come in very handy for us 124 Spider owners, but ideally we should be referring to a manual for the Spider. Has anyone found a link/source for a Fiat manual?

I thought of this today while wondering what the connector is for leading to (and plugged in) what should be a rear fog lamp, only I have a Classica which shouldn't have fog lights. First thing that comes to mind is that there is nothing on the other end of that (Mazda) harness. Inquiring minds need to know the answers to these questions ;)

·
Registered
637 Posts
ameridan:

I have asked about a printed manual, or other information for servicing the 124 but never received a response. I would dearly love to own a hard copy service manual. Help anyone??? Dealer??? Can't find anything on the web.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The online (and/or offline) version of the MX-5 service manual for the ND MX-5 has come in very handy for us 124 Spider owners, but ideally we should be referring to a manual for the Spider. Has anyone found a link/source for a Fiat manual?

I thought of this today while wondering what the connector is for leading to (and plugged in) what should be a rear fog lamp, only I have a Classica which shouldn't have fog lights. First thing that comes to mind is that there is nothing on the other end of that (Mazda) harness. Inquiring minds need to know the answers to these questions ;)
I found this link, but that was where my search dead-ended. If you click the link, then click on "Owners" then "Owner & Service Manual" it will take you to the Knowledge Center, which is the end of the road. No Service Manual here.
http://www.fiatusa.com/?sid=1037056&KWNM=fiatusa&KWID=43700016815393207&TR=1&channel=paidsearch&gclid=CjwKEAiAlZDFBRCKncm67qihiHwSJABtoNIgFXoz-dbbgq5BpNtUi7T-CmwFklnR5PcEgmNe9h7oqRoCJ8Dw_wcB

·
Registered
637 Posts
Jferland: I tried your link , and you are right ...dead end....most of these Chrysler related links end up in some Mini van or Pacifica sub menu...who cares...hard to believe it's so difficult to find a publication that surely must exist....somewhere??? Somebody help.

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found this link, but that was where my search dead-ended. If you click the link, then click on "Owners" then "Owner & Service Manual" it will take you to the Knowledge Center, which is the end of the road. No Service Manual here.
http://www.fiatusa.com/?sid=1037056&KWNM=fiatusa&KWID=43700016815393207&TR=1&channel=paidsearch&gclid=CjwKEAiAlZDFBRCKncm67qihiHwSJABtoNIgFXoz-dbbgq5BpNtUi7T-CmwFklnR5PcEgmNe9h7oqRoCJ8Dw_wcB
That link probably requires a logon? Did you see what that costs?

TechAuthority On-line

1 Year Subscription to Tech Authority Online

Product Id: TAUSER1YEAR
Availability: In Stock
PRICE: $1800.00

·
Registered
958 Posts
That link probably requires a logon? Did you see what that costs?
That link does require a logon, which I had. It also requests a VIN, which I gave it. Still a dead end.

I bought the disk from TechAuthority. It's $154.82 including shipping and tax. If you have a specific question, I can look it up when it gets here and save you the cost of a subscription.

(By the way, I had checked this site a month or so ago and they did not have service manuals available at that time.)

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
I could use a .pdf manual for my RF. There's nowhere in the cabin to put the real one.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thank you Tom! If the wiring diagrams end up being interactive topic-related similar to the MX-5 workshop manual, yes that would be great!
Don't think you will be in luck.. this is what it says
"IT DOES NOT CONTAIN THE TRADITIONAL WIRING DIAGRAM INFORMATION It does contain the wiring information relevant to a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) in the diagnostic procedure for the specific DTC"
So for me it would kill it as the wiring diagram is also important.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks canesice, but I was talking about the service manuals, rather than the owner's manuals and user's manuals. They are very detailed in disassembling/fixing/troubleshooting/reassembling any part in the vehicle.
and TDPerry, I could be wrong but the Mazda manuals have wiring diagrams like this (partial) one regarding the Bose system speakers, that "contain the wiring information relevant to a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) in the diagnostic procedure for the specific DTC" rather than the complete CMU/audio system as an example, and is what I picture the Fiat manual looking like. I hope my optimistic view isn't incorrect ;) We'll see what Tom finds out.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I bought the disk from TechAuthority. It's $154.82 including shipping and tax. If you have a specific question, I can look it up when it gets here and save you the cost of a subscription.
I have still not received my service manual. :(

UPS says it is in Oklahoma. I should get it tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a request for wiring diagram for fog lights but am having trouble attaching it either to a post or a PM. Can anyone give me a hand with this?

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
When you do the reply go to "go advanced" instead of "post quick reply"...then scroll down and find where it says manage attachments...you should be able to attach the file there...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts