Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Dark Helmet: I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate.
Lone Star: So what does that make us?
Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing.
This just made my entire week, best reply I've seen in awhile. I know what I'll be watching this weekend. :laugh:

·
Registered
768 Posts
ALL RIGHT I actually dont care about anything

Really I only care about the real numbers

Why dont we get two cars with two tunes and run them together on the drag stripe and dyno

Posts are so "useful"

·
Registered
430 Posts
ALL RIGHT I actually dont care about anything

Really I only care about the real numbers

Why dont we get two cars with two tunes and run them together on the drag stripe and dyno

Posts are so "useful"
A drag race would likely tell ya more about which driver had the best skills.

I'll just hang here listening to the crickets till something happens.

chirp....

chirp....

chirp....

Paul

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
how about the same driver for both cars? they don't have to race head to head... since its the NUMBERS everyone seeks.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
The quarter mile is a fine dyno, speed in the quarter can tell you power. Numbers don’t speak to the whole driving experience, and a tune is more than just WOT.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
TOTALLY agree. If I wanted a 1/4 mile car...the Demon would suit me well. Heck there's not even a track on Oahu so the WOT was never an attraction to me. (But it is fun lol) But some people just need those numbers to help them justify. Me, I'm happy with the sound of the exhaust and the style of the car.

·
Registered
768 Posts
TOTALLY agree. If I wanted a 1/4 mile car...the Demon would suit me well. Heck there's not even a track on Oahu so the WOT was never an attraction to me. (But it is fun lol) But some people just need those numbers to help them justify. Me, I'm happy with the sound of the exhaust and the style of the car.
I dont want a 1/4 mile car,

but I want more power.

as long as it is in 13.xxs and over 100mph I am satisfy with the 124 in this form.

I will have the cam and turbo upgrade later

·
Registered
2,196 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I don't know Shiv personally, and I'm not personally familiar with his work, but I hear a lot of good things from people. It takes time to develop these things for a platform, people need to be patient. I also feel he was chased off of here by some members (I am NOT referring to the interaction between Greg and Shiv in this thread), and I think that is unfortunate.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Well I hope he comes back...I may have been one of the ones that chased him off, For that I am sorry and apologize.

I do want to see the differences though. I like the fact you can tweak it yourself. Of course, I'd imagine it's a huge learning curve...working with OpenFlash tweaking a tune for the first several times.

aloha mike

·
Registered
535 Posts
I also feel he was chased off of here by some members
Not sure that is the case. He's been noticeably absent from the Miata forum as well. Hope all is ok with him.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have worked with Shiv several times in the past. Honest and old guy.

I wrote this on another separate thread, but it applies here as well.

It's a fantastic product. If you can't get the tablet through Goodwin, I'd suggest getting the tablet direct through the openflash website (especially if you live in California) and work with a custom tune. They'll ask you to download the stock tune and send it to them. They'll ask you your goals, and what other mods are on the car. Then they'll send you a customized tune for your car.

Pretty impressive result. I haven't dyno'd it yet, but by owning two spiders, I can tell you that my Lusso now SPANKS my Sport Mode Abarth. LOL

They've been at this for quite a while and caught the attention of Autoweek last year.

http://autoweek.com/article/drive-re...nflash-ferrari

I used an OFT for my heavily modified 86cup car a couple of years back. Excellent results. Just for fun, here's a pic of that first 86cup year (passing a Z at Laguna).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I bought the open flash tablet and asked for the xdf file and tune for my 2018 arbath 124
after receiving tablet uploaded original file to open flash and waited two weeks and no tune was sent back and no communication from them. Eventually I was told there is not an xdf file and they would be happy to send a tune , they didn't so filled in the form to ask if they would accept a return they did so posted back the tablet $ 60.00 postage its is now the end of August this process started at the start of june I still have not received a refund .
I feel the whole open flash tablet experience is a total rip off do not go there, I will retract this if I get my money back.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts