Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black Abarth which has a fair amount of metallic in it. I really am trying to get to the Euro spec look. What do you owners think.

1. Use Matte black vinyl on hood and trunk?
2. Get red caps for the mirrors?
3. Leave it alone?

I am aware I may get hammered but I am also very appreciative of all of your advice besides I think its a very interesting question.

·
Registered
638 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I have a black Abarth which has a fair amount of metallic in it. I really am trying to get to the Euro spec look. What do you owners think.

1. Use Matte black vinyl on hood and trunk?
2. Get red caps for the mirrors?
3. Leave it alone?

I am aware I may get hammered but I am also very appreciative of all of your advice besides I think its a very interesting question.
It's truly odd that we tend to care what strangers think of what we do to our cars. (IMHO)

@rex klein Do what YOU want. I'll admit I don't have the EYE to invent how my car should look...but I love to see ideas from others and that helps me decided what LOOK I like. Otherwise..I'd just have the factory optioned car and it would look like any other Abarth. That being said...I think (a stranger...haha) your proposed mod's would look great.

Aloha!

·
Registered
204 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all very much. So here is what I am going to do, I am purposely going to not exactly copy Steve.
1. Matte the hood and trunk
2. after watching Steves video I found the same side strip except I ordered in in matte black kind of stealthy look. If it looks bad I will switch to red. But the black isn't really black lots of metallic which should make for a pretty interesting effect.

I bought wilwood superlites (6 piston fronts) for all four wheels in red and am currently deciding on wheels I do have the red front lip and tow hook
once I put on all the stuff I bought I will take a step back and see (probably see what you guys think). I am a little wary of the wifes reaction to red mirror covers waiting for the right time She loves the car but if I go to far... well enough said about that! :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The gloss black/matte black combo looks good, I think, on this car. The red bits add a balanced splash of color and make it a bit less 'stealth'.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so My car has all of 500 miles on it and I just Ordered Matte Black Hypergram 17x8 wheels from Madness.
I can put my stock abarth rims and tires on here for some one to get a great deal right?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Great vid.
Nice job on the stripe.
I love my MHP caliper covers...no painting, took about 2 hours, and makes the stock calipers look bigger.
I actually was going to buy those, love the look. but after much thought (about being broke mostly) I decided to just paint them until I could get the Willwood kit later.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Thank you all very much. So here is what I am going to do, I am purposely going to not exactly copy Steve.
1. Matte the hood and trunk
2. after watching Steves video I found the same side strip except I ordered in in matte black kind of stealthy look. If it looks bad I will switch to red. But the black isn't really black lots of metallic which should make for a pretty interesting effect.

I bought wilwood superlites (6 piston fronts) for all four wheels in red and am currently deciding on wheels I do have the red front lip and tow hook
once I put on all the stuff I bought I will take a step back and see (probably see what you guys think). I am a little wary of the wifes reaction to red mirror covers waiting for the right time She loves the car but if I go to far... well enough said about that! :)

Love your direction! Though I think you need to do the mirror caps to pull it together. My wife loved it when I added all the red bits. In fact I get compliments on the red mirror caps all the time.

But I hear you, my wife has kept me from adding the matte hood and truck. I even bought the vinyl and tools to do it.

The black on black stealth look with the red bits is an amazing looking combo. If I didn't live in an area with lots of dust that would be my car. But impossible for me to keep clean.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That Does it! **** the torpedoes I am getting the mirror covers. Bet you money she won't mind at all when the valet parks it in front of the restaurant instead of the back. That all ways gets her.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I also have a Black Abarth. I have had the mirrors wrapped in red, and got the after market front spoiler lip and front tow bar cap in red. I think it really looks good. Was thinking about getting the hood and trunk wrapped in a flat black, especially the front because of the sun glare, but will see..I will be getting the rear spoiler wrapped in red....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I will say that the black on black does look really good. It’s a lot more subtle than the black on white, which, to some people, is a bit too OTT (I like it, though).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts