Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our V1 intake is our most popular intake, and with good reason. While it doesn't set the world on fire with it's mild increase in performance, it's a high quality piece, easy to install, and offers a choice of filters. It also looks great, and when in black has a very subtle appearance.

With the success of this intake, it's no shock that imitators have started showing up. One in particular appears to be an exact copy.

Our V1 intake differs from the imitators in a number of ways. First of all, we offer it with a choice of three different filters, or with the option of retaining the stock filter. We have found that the stock filter is pretty good. The first upgrade is from K&N, which is a decent filter. It doesn't really outflow the stock filter (in THIS application), but it can be cleaned and reused. The two AFE options are better, and do outflow the stock filter. One of the two AFE filters uses a synthetic fiber and requires no oiling.

Our silicone is top notch, I can't really comment on the copy cat's silicone because I haven't seen it, let alone tested it. I can say that ours is so resistant to temperature that you can't burn or melt through it with a typical soldering iron. We also use stainless steel clamps that don't have serrations which can damage the silicone. That keeps the silicone looking like new, since it doesn't get chewed up by the clamps.

V1 shown in both colors with optional K&N filter

AFE Dry filter:

AFE Oiled Filter:

Linkage:

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/fiat-124-engine/products/eurocompulsion-fiat-124-spider-v1-air-induction-kit

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/fiat-124-engine/products/afe-power-magnum-flow-air-filter-fiat-124-spider-abarth

Attachments

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I happened to notice an intake on another vendor's website last night and my immediate thought was "that looks really familiar...".

I installed the V1 this weekend along with the 'dry' AFE filter. I'm just about the least mechanical guy you will meet and it took me all of - maybe - 45 minutes to complete, and that was with me being very slow and methodical. The black V1 is indeed subtle and only someone familiar with the engine would know it was anything other than stock (which to me is a good thing). I had one quick question regarding the install which I posted here and Greg responded within 90 minutes or so.

I can't comment on another vendor's product quality or level of support, but I am very happy with the quality of the product I got from EC and the level of support I received - and I see other forum members receive almost daily. It was the main reason I went with EC.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
EC's customer service is first class.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Having seen EC's work up close on the Dart, I can say their material and workmanship is top-notch.
I think everyone that cares about their car owes it to their ride to put parts on it made by genuine enthusiasts with parts made in the US, Italy (engine related) or Japan (ND-chassis related), rather than the cheapest garbage that shows up on come-and-go eBay and Amazon vendors. Those people don't know what fits, don't care if it fits, don't run it on the street and track, and don't care if you're happy or not.

tl/dr ? Spend the extra dime and get the real deal - you might save a dollar in the long run ;)

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Is the MX5 airfilter the same as the 124spider. I assume this is the part no.
AEM 28-50040 DryFlow Air Filter. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts