Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Abarth
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been experiencing seller regrets after letting go of my 2018 Abarth a few months ago. Searching cargurus.com, it appears there are 57 MT Abarths on dealer lots. Many of them are at Nyle Maxwell Fiat in Austin, TX. Nyle Maxwell Fiat is advertising $6,000 off MSRP. There's a new listing at MSRP in Flagstaff, AZ, which is 200 miles from where I live. Winter is not exactly convertible weather in Flagstaff (high tomorrow 54). I wonder if there may be better deals to be had on leftover 2020s in the New Year? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Fiat put their convertible stock where they are most likely to sell during winter, Arizona and Texas. If you want a new one buy there otherwise look at the used market.
Its a market driven economy and Fiat will try and optimize their sales price on the remaining stock. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Buy a used one. Use the money saved to buy an 84 month extended warranty. Finance through your local credit union and get their extended warranty. It's like half the dealer price. It's also better to buy one that is being driven compared to one that is just sitting at the dealership. And as you know, stay away from 2018 models as they are prone to water pump issues. You can thank me later 😉

·
Registered
207 Posts
FCA’s $5K and $6K incentives expire 1/4/21 and are designed to blow out inventory by year end. These are pretty stout discounts and may increase in 2021, but you’d be taking a chance on options, color etc., from the remaining inventory. These vehicles have been sitting on ships or ports due to Covid 19 and FCA doesn’t want them sitting on dealer lots.
So I guess it’s up to you to get exactly what you want now or wait and maybe save another grand or so from limited inventory. Year-end is always the best time to get a new car as OEMs scramble for year-end sales. As always, you can always take a shot at negotiating oil change coupons, financing discounts or added accessories.
Good luck with the hunt and keep us posted!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The guy I talked to at Benson was quick to point out that a portion of the rebate on the Nyle Maxwell cars is on,y good if you live in that ”region” and me being from California, I wouldn’t get it .

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
420 Posts
...and you'd have to make CA emissions changes most likely as well. A quick look around Bay Area dealers yield one 2019 MT Classica in Concord. Crazy...I didn't realize that inventories around here were so thin. Good luck with your quest!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here are prices from Manheim Auctions (dealer only)

Manheim, Inc. is an automobile auction company and the world's largest wholesale auto auction based on trade volume with 145 auctions located in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Current Manheim Auctions listings (Seller FCA US LLC is wholesaling their inventory to 3rd party dealers)

:

Reactions: FLAbarth

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Abarth
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I imagine all the 2020s have been delivered to dealers. I'm going to take a chance and wait until the New Year. I'm betting there'll be a few left on the lots and dealers will have increased incentives to clear their inventory. I suspect the interest in the Spider is limited to a fairly small number of enthusiast. We'll see.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Right after I bought my 2020, I started hearing about all these ships coming in with hundreds of cars. Guess what? The number of manual Abarths is still very small. I was able to get the exact spec that I wanted, right off the truck, without having to deal with out of state dealers or having it shipped. I saved over $6.5k off MSRP if I remember right. It's speculation that I could have waited and found a better deal. It is a fact however that I got exactly what I wanted at a fair deal with limited risk and hassle.

Reactions: firstshadow

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
The guy I talked to at Benson was quick to point out that a portion of the rebate on the Nyle Maxwell cars is on,y good if you live in that ”region” and me being from California, I wouldn’t get it .
Rent a shack for a month in that area and give them that as a living address

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Abarth
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in contact with a dealer in Flagstaff, AZ (200 miles away) who has a 2020 Brillante White Abarth with Brembo brakes, convenience group, Navigation and sound group, Visibility group, Veleno Appearance group, and Record Monza Exhaust for $29,877 ($34,750 TTL OTD). It's pretty much everything I would want, in the color I prefer. I just need to sell my wife on the idea and be willing to let go my 2016 VW GTI.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm in contact with a dealer in Flagstaff, AZ (200 miles away) who has a 2020 Brillante White Abarth with Brembo brakes, convenience group, Navigation and sound group, Visibility group, Veleno Appearance group, and Record Monza Exhaust for $29,877 ($34,750 TTL OTD). It's pretty much everything I would want, in the color I prefer. I just need to sell my wife on the idea and be willing to let go my 2016 VW GTI.
Looks like a good price, but bad OTD. What makes up that difference? Taxes must be astronomical.

·
Registered
2018 124 Spider Abarth
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The taxes are 9.18%. The dealer has add-ons including a “northern Arizona package” for $1,495. I made a counter offer of $33,000 OTD. The salesman declined, stating 2 other parties were interested that had offered more than my offer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dealer add-ons are very high. I guess they get you one way or another. Not sure what you planned for financing, but I got a little more off by going with them. It was zero percent for 36 months, but even if the rate stinks, you can always pay it off or refinance after the first couple of payments.

·
Registered
117 Posts
FCA was auctioning off new cars through Manheim back in Aug of last year also.
This is a mystery why they were selling their new cars to 3 party dealers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Today's listings

1 - 20 of 25 Posts