Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
It looks that lease return cars are auctioning off through Manheim right now.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Unfortunately. However, with time we should see fewer lease return cars on the market.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Many of them are at Nyle Maxwell Fiat in Austin, TX.
Make sure you call ahead. Make sure you talk to someone IN the dealership who goes and verifies that the cars are in fact there.

I saw them all on the website, was persuaded to consider new instead of used by the deals offered. Called sales, talked to a lady and mentioned a specific one, she told me "they came in last night, but let me go check", never called back. Went in to see (I'm not too far) thinking well they came in and there were a few that might work as I'm mainly just wanting a manual, nope. Just a few automatics in the lot. Even though the website represents them as available, they were "In Transit".

Than about a month later I looked on the site and they were all still there. Chat box guy pops up so I ask if they are available now. Unqualified yes. I point out that last time they were on the site but not really there to be seen, drove, bought. Chat guy assures me they are there, books an appointment for a test drive. You can probably guess the rest. This was about a month ago I guess. I did then tell the sales guy I had been talking to to just call me when the cars arrive. I have not heard from him, so I guess that means maybe they still haven't, but they definitely could have and he just didn't call me.

So if you have any kind of drive to get to the dealership, be sure they have the car you want, do not trust the site, do not trust anyone who isn't claiming to be standing and looking at it while talking to you. I assume that will work.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Make sure you call ahead. Make sure you talk to someone IN the dealership who goes and verifies that the cars are in fact there.

I saw them all on the website, was persuaded to consider new instead of used by the deals offered. Called sales, talked to a lady and mentioned a specific one, she told me "they came in last night, but let me go check", never called back. Went in to see (I'm not too far) thinking well they came in and there were a few that might work as I'm mainly just wanting a manual, nope. Just a few automatics in the lot. Even though the website represents them as available, they were "In Transit".

Than about a month later I looked on the site and they were all still there. Chat box guy pops up so I ask if they are available now. Unqualified yes. I point out that last time they were on the site but not really there to be seen, drove, bought. Chat guy assures me they are there, books an appointment for a test drive. You can probably guess the rest. This was about a month ago I guess. I did then tell the sales guy I had been talking to to just call me when the cars arrive. I have not heard from him, so I guess that means maybe they still haven't, but they definitely could have and he just didn't call me.

So if you have any kind of drive to get to the dealership, be sure they have the car you want, do not trust the site, do not trust anyone who isn't claiming to be standing and looking at it while talking to you. I assume that will work.
It is the dealers advantage to have a live body in the dealership. Dealers will do anything possible to get a customer into the dealership. The internet changed how car buying works. Even more so since covid. Ask to deal with the internet sales manager. Force a dealer to do everything via email for more leverage. Have them send an actual inventory number, Carmax report, window sticker, pictures.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts