Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm introducing myself - Paul, based near Manchester (North West England, UK). Finally got around to joining a 124 Forum. I owned and drove a manual Red Classica Fiat 124 for 10 months, until July 2019. As daily driver the car was fantastic. But I was really always looking out for a manual shift Abarth 124. But as new, only auto shift models or demonstrators were available through the dealers, before FCA withdrew 124's from the UK market. Then 3 months ago, I found a used 20 month old Abarth 124, manual, in grey, with only 7600 miles, in immaculate condition. After an amazing extended test drive in the Pennine hills near Manchester ….. I upgraded to the Abarth ….. what's not to like !!!! Sorry to be a bit late getting on board, but thanks, I am finding this Forum to be really helpful.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am learning so much about the 124 from this great forum …. there seems to be such a good, supportive community in some parts of the USA. Feeling rather isolated in the North of England, as in the last year, I have only seen 4 x Fiat 124 Spiders and 2 x Abarth 124 Spiders …...

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Paul welcome and the car looks great. Our car is somewhat of an enigma. It exists, but owners rarely if ever see another outside of planned events.

Dan

·
Registered
93 Posts
Perhaps they've all been stored in barns waiting to be discovered in 40 years time when the going price will quadruple.

We can only hope ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Plenty 124s around London. I usually see one every other time I drive somewhere. Last time met blue one on M25 and even left at the same junction.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paul welcome and the car looks great. Our car is somewhat of an enigma. It exists, but owners rarely if ever see another outside of planned events.

Dan
Dan, thanks for the message, much appreciated. Interesting, new to all this, ok I'll look out for UK events for 2020. Your car looks superb with all the red highlights.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Dan, thanks for the message, much appreciated. Interesting, new to all this, ok I'll look out for UK events for 2020. Your car looks superb with all the red highlights.
Hi Paul. Sending you a hearty welcome all the way from Colorado. @depotdan probably has the most beautiful and most modded 124 Abarth in the whole world. Enjoy your car. I find new things to love about this car every time I drive it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hi Paul. Sending you a hearty welcome all the way from Colorado. @depotdan probably has the most beautiful and most modded 124 Abarth in the whole world. Enjoy your car. I find new things to love about this car every time I drive it.
WOW, Steve. Thank you so much for the complement. I read it to Aurora and you could see a slight pink blush come over her. I think she looks pretty sweet, but then I love all spiders.

What I enjoy seeing is how new owners take pride in their cars and put on those personal touches that make it uniquely theirs. Mine is just an example of that mind thought.

Have you hugged your spider today. :love:

Dan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi @Chainringtattoo - many thanks for the welcome from Colorado! Your Rosso Red Abarth looks awesome ….. impressed with the dedication and enthusiasm for 124's from you, @depotdan and others on this forum
……. my Abarth 124 Spider is the most exciting car I have ever owned or driven …… I now look for excuses to go out and drive somewhere …..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts