1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
This looks interesting. If it will work with the 124 I might order one. I'm also waiting on @68wooley to figure out a way to display everything on the infotainment system.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Nice find!
Aloha mike

·
Registered
124 Posts
Has anyone tried these gauges.

View attachment 73865

I have it in mine, and I love how clean it looks. I also got the optional analog boost sensor for it but I might be needing a new one...the current one always reads 0 now for some reason. Might have to fix the connection to the sensor as the tubing they provided is like those stiff little tubes you get that attach to the cans of keyboard cleaner.

One thing to keep in mind is that this does not scan codes like some of their other products and peak recall only works on parameter it's set to monitor for that drive.(if you're monitoring IAT, you can't switch over to boost at the end of the drive and check peak)

Install was easy but stupid me broke the clips to the trim ring.
But overall I like the product, shift light is one of the coolest features for me.

·
Registered
124 Posts

And this is the Fiat version

·
Registered
46 Posts
I looked at the install pdf, it shows how to install the gauge in the vent and shows running the cable through the back of the vent assembly to the gauge, but I didn’t see how they intend for you to route the cable from the control box into the inside of the duct that leads to where the gauge is mounted...?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I looked at the install pdf, it shows how to install the gauge in the vent and shows running the cable through the back of the vent assembly to the gauge, but I didn’t see how they intend for you to route the cable from the control box into the inside of the duct that leads to where the gauge is mounted...?
So once you route the cable in through the vent, there's a small gap where the ribbon cable can cross over right under the gauge cluster and above the steering column, route that under the steering column, I placed the control box in that area and from there it's an easy access to the obd2 port. Hope that made sense..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for that, but actually I’m wondering how the cable exits the vent duct. It appears as if the cable is coming out of the back of the vent assembly once the gauge is installed... I’m assuming the vent is connected to a sealed duct for the heat and a/c, so how does the cable exit the duct?
So once you route the cable in through the vent, there's a small gap where the ribbon cable can cross over right under the gauge cluster and above the steering column, route that under the steering column, I placed the control box in that area and from there it's an easy access to the obd2 port. Hope that made sense..

·
Registered
124 Posts
It is sealed..but not completely. There is a place big enough for this cable to be fished through without cutting or making a hole in anything. Guess there isn't a perfect seal from the factory but it doesn't hinder a/c heat performance. Don't notice any difference in flow from the vent before or after the install either.

Thanks for that, but actually I’m wondering how the cable exits the vent duct. It appears as if the cable is coming out of the back of the vent assembly once the gauge is installed... I’m assuming the vent is connected to a sealed duct for the heat and a/c, so how does the cable exit the duct?

·
Registered
46 Posts
It is sealed..but not completely. There is a place big enough for this cable to be fished through without cutting or making a hole in anything. Guess there isn't a perfect seal from the factory but it doesn't hinder a/c heat performance. Don't notice any difference in flow from the vent before or after the install either.
I see... most newer vehicles that I’ve had the dash apart on seem to have pretty air tight systems. Was curious how involved it was going to be. Also wanted to make sure that the cable didn’t just stick out of the side of the trim ring, that it actually goes out behind the dashboard and remains completely concealed. I also wouldn’t be opposed to a pillar pod, but I would want one that’s integrated and molded into the pillar, not just an add-on pod. I’m not aware of any available, but I haven’t dug all that deep.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Correction: The gauge does indeed read codes on start up and also has the ability to clear. Got a P1CEA and was able to clear as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I’m curious if the analog boost sensor is needed. My guess is that they offer it because of the same issue other OBD2 gauges seem to have, that they don’t register boost above a certain threshold...

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
So I’m curious if the analog boost sensor is needed. My guess is that they offer it because of the same issue other OBD2 gauges seem to have, that they don’t register boost above a certain threshold...
Using an OBDII to display boost over bluetooth to a phone or tablet is almost pointless. Too much data lag to be useful. Also there is the issue of boost threshold.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Using an OBDII to display boost over bluetooth to a phone or tablet is almost pointless. Too much data lag to be useful. Also there is the issue of boost threshold.

I agree, boost is definitely not one I would depend on via Bluetooth. This being plug-in I’d hope is more accurate, but I’m guessing if it were not better with the analog sensor, then they probably wouldn’t offer it as an option. It gets pretty pricey once you add the sensor and boost line kit, which is fine if it’s in fact efficient. I’d certainly prefer a completely manual gauge in the case of a boost gauge, but if this were accurate, it also solves the mounting issue, and adds a very useful wideband gauge.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I agree, boost is definitely not one I would depend on via Bluetooth. This being plug-in I’d hope is more accurate, but I’m guessing if it were not better with the analog sensor, then they probably wouldn’t offer it as an option.
Couple of issues - one is, as everyone has pointed out, lag. That'll still exist whether you connect directly or via bluetooth. The other is that the car doesn't actually support directly reporting boost over OBD2, at least not via the standard PIDs. Best you can do is infer boost from the difference between atmospheric pressure and manifold pressure. An analog boost sensor is the way to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts