Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you had doubts of whether if a full size golf bag entered the trunk along with irons and Driver(not me idiots)>:)
Driver-1, Wood-3 plus hybrids umbrella, full kit, only the cart did not fit, but will ride as a passenger.

Tomorrow after my golf game I will see if all the woods in the bag can fit in the trunk. Here is the proof.

I had to remove the little attached finish on the right side(passanger)

Left side did not remove anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
:)
If any of you had doubts of whether if a full size golf bag entered the trunk along with irons and Driver(not me idiots)>:)
Driver-1, Wood-3 plus hybrids umbrella, full kit, only the cart did not fit, but will ride as a passenger.

Tomorrow after my golf game I will see if all the woods in the bag can fit in the trunk. Here is the proof.

Thanks for this,
I have been wondering about this for a while but haven't got around to trying it.
You will bring happiness to golfers everywhere!
:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I found that a Taylor 114ce acoustic guitar in it's case will not fit. I've got a new OM-28 coming in that has a hard case and feel like it will be the same issue. Guess I'll be confined to taking the 4Runner anywhere that the guitar and wife go together - unless I can find/rig a trailer hitch to allow me to pull my Turtlehull trailer that I used with my old Goldwing.
I REALLY wish someone would develop a trailer hitch for this thing. Pulling a small motorcycle style trailer behind it should not be an excessive strain on the car - it's not on the FJR nor was it on the Goldwing.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suggest, you find a water proof vinyl cover for your guitar case, and strap it with a lock to the hood of the back trunk. On Ebay you will find some

·
Registered
150 Posts
I suggest, you find a water proof vinyl cover for your guitar case, and strap it with a lock to the hood of the back trunk. On Ebay you will find some
Not crazy about strapping a $3000 guitar to anywhere on the exterior of the car. ;)
I'd be willing to do that with the Taylor 114ce as it's only a $800 guitar and honestly wouldn't miss it flew off or disappeared. That's why I purchased the Martin as I don't like the Taylor. :laugh:

·
Registered
956 Posts
If you had bothered to look, there was already a post about fitting golf clubs in the trunk. While it is easy to fit a stand bag and all the clubs in the trunk, a cart bag will not fit by just removing the access panel on the passenger side.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jferland, I don't recall the post, but did check since you mentioned, But no pics of golf bags in trunk. They say A picture is worth a thousand words. Well I had pictures, and posted.

And that members post a topic that has been already discussed, what's wrong with that, you have new member that are not aware, you have new products, you have new ideas and so on.
Personally I don't mind members post a topic that has already been discussed.

Reactions: Not Sure

·
Registered
1 Posts

How on earth did you get the bag and clubs into trunk? I tried at the car dealer and it wasn't even close to possible. I thought maybe possible if you take the clubs out of the bag and put bag in and then put clubs in on top of bag?

·
Registered
31 Posts
How on earth did you get the bag and clubs into trunk? I tried at the car dealer and it wasn't even close to possible. I thought maybe possible if you take the clubs out of the bag and put bag in and then put clubs in on top of bag?
Search for the post titled Golf Clubs. My post #11 shows the pictures of how I do it. I use the car 3 times a week to go to the course. Pictures are of my carry bag but I can also use a cart bag when I ride.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Remove the drivers or long clubs out of the bag. Then remove the lining on the right side of the trunk.
Put some air buble wrap so clubs don t dent fender the insert bottom of bag first in right side of trunk
Then insert top o drivers in right side so they go near fender and clubs face on left side of fender. Use common sense. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts