Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed these paddle shifter extensions. Love them. It is now easier to use the paddles. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Where did you get those?

Reactions: alltimesaresoon

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks. Just ordered a set. Really could have used them while we were running the Blue Ridge.

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks. Just ordered a set. Really could have used them while we were running the Blue Ridge.
lol. my plan was to just put these in my cart in amazon and then subscribe to this thread. when i saw 1 left on amazon, i ordered it. too cool to not have for that price

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got mine from ebay but all the same. They come from china. They definitely make it easier to shift when running through curvy roads. Cheers

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love my paddle shifters too!! ...like your Spyderco knife too.
Thanks SteveWy. I have many Spyderco knifes. Like the quality. Cheers

·
Registered
695 Posts
question for anyone who installed them... how do you put them on? they don't seem to fit perfect, and come with a little one side adhesive pad. does it sticky to the longer paddles or to the back of the existing paddles on the car?
Any tips on how to get the set screws to bite without the new paddles slipping out of position? seems easy but doesn't seem to be as i try to install them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
question for anyone who installed them... how do you put them on? they don't seem to fit perfect, and come with a little one side adhesive pad. does it sticky to the longer paddles or to the back of the existing paddles on the car?
Any tips on how to get the set screws to bite without the new paddles slipping out of position? seems easy but doesn't seem to be as i try to install them.
Hi alltimesaresoon, apply the 3M tape to the slot on the paddle extension (the better you place the tape the better the fit), then insert the allen screws with them protruding a little bit into the slot and press the paddle extension on being careful to have the paddle on the 124 fit into the slot (on the paddle extension) precisely. Then tighten the bolts while holding the paddle extensions as flush as possible to the 124 paddles. It sounds more complicated than it really is. The key is how well you place the 3M tape in the slot on the paddle extension. My first extension I didn't do as good a job so that extension is a little off but the second one I got really good and it sits almost perfectly. They do go on very easily. Hope this helps.

Reactions: SteveWy

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hi alltimesaresoon, apply the 3M tape to the slot on the paddle extension (the better you place the tape the better the fit), then insert the allen screws with them protruding a little bit into the slot and press the paddle extension on being careful to have the paddle on the 124 fit into the slot (on the paddle extension) precisely. Then tighten the bolts while holding the paddle extensions as flush as possible to the 124 paddles. It sounds more complicated than it really is. The key is how well you place the 3M tape in the slot on the paddle extension. My first extension I didn't do as good a job so that extension is a little off but the second one I got really good and it sits almost perfectly. They do go on very easily. Hope this helps.
thanks. that's sort of what i was guessing but didn't want to apply the adhesive side to something while i wasn't sure. that helps a lot. i'll give it a go.

The hardest part i think is holding it up against the paddle shifters evenly while tightening the allen set screws (not very good access to them, especially the back side ones.)

might go easier with a longer allen wrench than the supplied one shorter than your finger.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Any issues regarding the visability of the print on the turn signal and windshield wiper stalks?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks. that's sort of what i was guessing but didn't want to apply the adhesive side to something while i wasn't sure. that helps a lot. i'll give it a go.

The hardest part i think is holding it up against the paddle shifters evenly while tightening the allen set screws (not very good access to them, especially the back side ones.)

might go easier with a longer allen wrench than the supplied one shorter than your finger.
I had to move the wheel around to gain access to the allen screws. Good Luck. Cheers

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any issues regarding the visability of the print on the turn signal and windshield wiper stalks?
I've not really noticed any difference. Honestly I've never read the print on the either levers. Cheers

·
Registered
695 Posts
I had to move the wheel around to gain access to the allen screws. Good Luck. Cheers
Wheel around? the plastic covering the steering wheel spoke?

·
Registered
695 Posts
oh. move the wheel around. not move the "wheelaround". i'm dumb

1 - 20 of 38 Posts