Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took delivery of my new Abarth a few weeks ago and drove it directly home and into storage until spring. I'm currently shopping for PPF and there are 3 brands that are available, 3M, Suntek, and XPel. The whole front end including fenders (right to the front edge of the doors) is going to be $1250 for Suntek or $1500 for 3M and XPel. The warranty for Suntek is 5 years, 3M is 7 years, and XPel is 10 years.

I just want to know if any other forum members have used these products on their Spiders or previous vehicles and what are the pros and cons.

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
After asking around and researching online, I went with XPel Ultimate, installed by SmartSheild. I don't know about now, but at the time XPel seemed to be the only one that had the pattern for the Spider programmed into their system. They gave me a good price (Ultimate for the list price of the Extreme) and threw in some extras such as the mirrors, area below (or behind) door handles, and door edges. I'm very satisfied. I can't speak to the other products since this is the first time I've had protective film put on a car. When I told them that I am a member of this forum, they gave me an additional 10-percent discount. Mine was the first Spider done in that particular shop.
http://smartshieldprotection.com/.
You can see photos of my car on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SmartShield/posts/1285392818193702
The shop was also doing a brand new MX5 RF that same day.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I had Xpel film installed at the Xpel headquarters in San Antonio. I am very pleased with it. They gave me a 10% discount for being a USAA member and another 10% for being a member on this forum.

Reactions: karmatourer

·
Registered
131 Posts
Question: I want to install the fender badges on the Abarth but the patterns don't have it cut out for it. What is the best approach?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Question: I want to install the fender badges on the Abarth but the patterns don't have it cut out for it. What is the best approach?
As our cars come with the badges already attached the Xpel installer gave me two choices. First was to remove badges do full guards with Film and reattach with tape/adhesive. Alternatively do a half guard film.
I chose the second option as I wasn't keen on removal/reattachment of the badges.
I suppose you could get the full guard done and attach the badges after

·
Registered
131 Posts
As our cars come with the badges already attached the Xpel installer gave me two choices. First was to remove badges do full guards with Film and reattach with tape/adhesive. Alternatively do a half guard film.
I chose the second option as I wasn't keen on removal/reattachment of the badges.
I suppose you could get the full guard done and attach the badges after
Thanks Chaddy. But I'm a little concerned as to whether the adhesive on the badges will hold on the film. Perhaps your option is the way to go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed my badges prior to having the PPF installed. The installer just trimmed around the badges and it turned our pretty well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Has anyone tried Ceramic Pro coating in place of a PPF? Thoughts on the pros and cons would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts