Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to stream Pandora the volume is so low that I have to adjust the sound dial to the max. Even then the sound volume is half strength. I followed a suggestion on another forum to adjust the app settings to "high quality", but that didn't work. I then followed a suggestion to adjust the volume on my iPhone 6Plus (the buttons on the side, right?). That didn't work. Help!

If this topic has been posted here before, please provide link, as Pandora didn't come up on the search function.

Reactions: oliverpull

·
Registered
958 Posts
When I try to stream Pandora the volume is so low that I have to adjust the sound dial to the max. Even then the sound volume is half strength. I followed a suggestion on another forum to adjust the app settings to "high quality", but that didn't work. I then followed a suggestion to adjust the volume on my iPhone 6Plus (the buttons on the side, right?). That didn't work. Help!

If this topic has been posted here before, please provide link, as Pandora didn't come up on the search function.
I found two things wrong when I first tried Pandora. First, you must turn on Pandora on your phone before you select it on the car, then select the option to send it to the car, or it will play through the phone speaker. Second, you have to turn the volume all the way up on your phone. Once you have done these two things you can select Pandora on the car and it should be at or near the same volume as XM or FM.

I use my iPhone plugged into the USB port. Haven't tried Bluetooth for Pandora.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use my iPhone plugged into the USB port. Haven't tried Bluetooth for Pandora.
Perhaps this is the problem, thanks. I've been running it through Bluetooth. Running a USB wire seems like such a hassle and I'm always worried that I'll accidentally leave the phone in the car for a thief. I like keeping the phone in my pocket.

I'm going out for a drive in a few minutes so I'll check it out. I'd still like to find a Bluetooth solution.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The first time I tried Pandora, without reading the manual or consulting this forum, Bluetooth froze up the infotainment system. The navigation would not load, the satellite connection to XM was lost, all I had was Am/Fm radio. I stopped the car, turned off the ignition and waited for five minutes. When I re-started, the system was still frozen. It took a night in the parking lot in San Simeon before things returned to normal! I haven't tried Pandora since.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I used Pandora on my last trip from Albuquerque to San Antonio and back. There were a few places where I lost the signal, but otherwise it worked great. XM never fails out in the country, since it is satellite. I lose it very rarely when under and overpass, or in a tunnel.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It is a way different story up here in the NW, where the roadway can be lined with 150-200 foot Doug firs and the window for reception is cut to 20°! The signal is in and out so frequently that Bluetooth or FM is the bet way to get music. And it doesn't matter what car you are in.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going out for a drive in a few minutes so I'll check it out. I'd still like to find a Bluetooth solution.
Just tested it again with the USB and I still don't get decent volume on Pandora. I'm baffled. Is anyone here having success with the iPhone 6 Plus?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Strange. Pandora works flawlessly through Bluetooth with my Android and my wife's iPhone6. On my Android, I do have to set the volume high, but I can do it by pressing the button without unlocking the phone.
One thing that I don't understand about smartphones, though, is that apps don't close. When I unlock the phone, I find Pandora, Aha, or Stitcher on, depending on what I was playing in the car. I would think that the app should just close after you walk out of the car...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Using iPhone 7 streaming bluetooth pandora and volume is matched to Xm and FM. I do have the volume on the phone pretty much all the way up but even if lowered still get decent volume in the car. Have you tried resetting the entertainment system? I had a hard getting it to connect at first and deleting the bluetooth connection and reconnecting got things happy again. Maybe try that too.

Reactions: LongBeachJim

·
Registered
958 Posts
Using iPhone 7 streaming bluetooth pandora and volume is matched to Xm and FM. I do have the volume on the phone pretty much all the way up but even if lowered still get decent volume in the car. Have you tried resetting the entertainment system? I had a hard getting it to connect at first and deleting the bluetooth connection and reconnecting got things happy again. Maybe try that too.
Rebooting the phone is another option that might help.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Problem solved and now Pandora volume works fine. Such idiocy on my part. I learned that you have to adjust the iPhone volume while your in the Pandora app. Thanks everyone and apologies for taking your time.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm just glad it wasn't anything serious.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts