Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a silly question from a new owner, but is it possible to adjust settings such that the nav screen dims at night, but the instrument panel lights stay at full brightness?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yes, in my experience, they work independently of each other. The instrument panel dims by turning the knob on the control panel while the nav screen dims through settings in the infotainment system.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Yes, you can set the daytime and nighttime nav screen brightness in the settings as noted above. There is a however...

There’s the knob on the instrument cluster which sets the instrument brightness, which you most likely are aware of. If you dial it all the way to the right (it rotates continuously), it will eventually beep, which sets the instruments and nav screen at full (day) brightness, regardless of the night/day selection.

So, set the nav screen night time level, and turn the knob to the point that you have full instrument brightness but does not beep, and the nav screen will use the day/night settings appropriately.

(this was the testing I did some time ago; I use full dimmed instruments at night, and full bright during the day, and use the knob to set that).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I will fool with it a little more to see what works. Last night I found that by turning the knob on the instrument cluster to the right, the panel lights would only go to full brightness when it beeped and that also caused the nav screen to go to full brightness. One click to the left dimmed the nav screen but also dramatically dimmed the panel lights. I may have to live with this. Mostly an issue at dusk when I want the panel lights brighter, but then the nav screen is too bright.

·
Registered
534 Posts
In the infotainment Display settings, there is an Auto option for the screen brightness, which is supposed to dim the display when it gets dark out. You might want to give that a try.

Reactions: jleo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts