Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I spilled an entire coffee on the passenger seat. I took it into a detailer this morning and he steam cleaned the seat for me. I noticed right after I pulled away that the passenger airbag indicator was now showing a red warning instead of the usual gold/yellow display. Any idea of what that means and how to correct that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
476 Posts
unless i take it out to a 50 style drive in diner then no food allowed in mine. i might allow a bottle of soda provided it stays capped unless drinking. had an ex drop a full mocha latte onto a carpet, ever since then nix the food and drinks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay well, lesson learned! My car now smells like Clearner with a hint of French Vanilla Coffee.

I'm hoping when the seat is fully dried that the airbag light issue will resolve itself. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
476 Posts
hoping they got it out well so that come hot weather there isn't a sour milk smell. that's the issue i dealt with after coffee was spilt in the car i had but mine was in the carpet and these seat don't have the padding that most seats have.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hope that the light disappears too, and that the detailer got the milk proteins out. We had a spill in the old Alfa 156 that wasn't cleaned properly, and boy that smell nauseated me the first time we drove the car out in hot weather...

·
Registered
194 Posts
One of the contributing factors to my trading the 500 for the 124 was a co-worker spilling an egg nog latte in the passenger footwell... could have been salvageable if it were a regular coffee... but the egg nog smell? Bridge too far.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He says he use a steam cleaner with enzymes that should do the trick. I still think I smell french vanilla though. Luckily I like my coffee with very little milk in it. And....the passenger red light issue stopped.

I used to have a VW Scirocco. A week into having it, I drove a friend home who had a little more than a little too much to drink and you can guess the rest....
Fortunately her dad owned a car wash chain and took care of it for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts