Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I pull up in the driveway, I put the Fiat in park, open my door, engine running, and go over to open my wife's door...BUT it is always locked... which is very frustrating.

Is there any way I can leave the car on, open my door, and her door will unlock also.??? I know that if when I open my door, I can merely hit the unlock button, and her door will unlock, but I alway forget...

I looked at all the settings in the OM, and didn't see a function for this situation.

thanks for any help... Not Sure.:(

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Sorry those Gentlemen who get out of the car to open the passenger door, are considered OUT, considered old school>:)
If you want to be IN, shut the engine for environment sake, bend and reach out to the passenger door and open it. ;)

Press the unlock door button and then, you could do your Gentlemen devotion.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
So when I pull up in the driveway, I put the Fiat in park, open my door, engine running, and go over to open my wife's door...BUT it is always locked... which is very frustrating.

Is there any way I can leave the car on, open my door, and her door will unlock also.??? I know that if when I open my door, I can merely hit the unlock button, and her door will unlock, but I alway forget...

I looked at all the settings in the OM, and didn't see a function for this situation.

thanks for any help... Not Sure.:(
Not sure, check out my Personalization section (Door Locks section) and you'll see that you have the factory setting for door locks. You need to change yours so that it unlocks your doors when you put it into Park, rather than when you turn the ignition off.

If you have MT, then you probably don't have all those options though.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Just reach over and pull the other door handle?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Use the driver's door switch

The same happened to me. I got out of the car to be chivalrous in front of a shopping center and was denied. The keyfob would also not open the passengers door. I found that even with the drivers door open, you can still open all locks with it while the car is running. So next time, I'll just open my door and remember to unlock the passenger door in the same movement.

I prefer to remember this instead of changing the default, and safer, autolock that engages after commencing to drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts