Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the top of my Abarth is unlatched prior to lowering, the windows automatically lower about 6 inches. After this the passenger side window does not move either up or down. Took it to the dealer once already but it is acting up again. Ideas?

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's possible that this problem may be no more than the window seal having dried out, thus becoming sticky. There are silicone formulas available to assist. Alternatively, you could try some washing up liquid. Alternatively, the passenger lock switch, located on the drivers door, may have been accidentally activated. I did this myself once. Someone on this site advised me of the same. A few others admitted they were similarly puzzled. Let's know how you get on. Best wishes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
When the top of my Abarth is unlatched prior to lowering, the windows automatically lower about 6 inches. After this the passenger side window does not move either up or down. Took it to the dealer once already but it is acting up again. Ideas?
Same thing happened to me, as rdass623 said, it's window lock button. Yes, unlike other cars I've owned, when the window lock is activated, all window controls, including the driver's, are locked out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Window lock. Happened to me too, very curious as to why you need a window lock. I assumed it was for a central lock function so was in a panic as I was thinking an electrical fault & effectively couldn’t drive car as it was not secured with the passenger side window half down. Maybe a little warning light that the “window lock” is on might help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts