Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I wanted to gift my fiat lusso with a more nice looking aluminum “sport” pedal set. Now, mopar originals are sold here at 180 euro (200 $) the 3 pieces, brake,clutch and main pedal. Mmmh too much.
I have found on the bay a German manufacturer that has made them especially for the MX 5 ND 2015.
They look pretty similar to our original mopar parts yet at 90 euro. Does anyone know if our car matches her cousin pedals ? Thanx for any helpon that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, I wanted to gift my fiat lusso with a more nice looking aluminum “sport” pedal set. Now, mopar originals are sold here at 180 euro (200 $) the 3 pieces, brake,clutch and main pedal. Mmmh too much.
I have found on the bay a German manufacturer that has made them especially for the MX 5 ND 2015.
They look pretty similar to our original mopar parts yet at 90 euro. Does anyone know if our car matches her cousin pedals ? Thanx for any helpon that.
Hi

Don't blame you for looking, the sports pedals make a really nice addition. I have searched this up before and certainly in the UK, my conclusion is that the RHD 124 has exactly same pedals as the RHD Mazda. Having seen the price of the Mopar ones, I also discovered that Mazda market seemingly identical sports pedals, for substantially less than the Mopar ones, especially if you shop around. So I bought a set and although still sat in boxes ahead of fitting next Spring, closer examination of parts on arrival pretty much confirmed beyond doubt they are same as Mopar, but at a saving of @ 50%.

You will probably find the same applies in Italy for the LHD pedals, so worth looking into before you buy those after-market ones. There is a also a matching footrest available, which again looks identical, except for a tiny Mazda imprint on the front, but this is so small that I doubt it would ever be visible once fitted.
As for the part numbers / prices for the LHD Mazda parts, you could do online search of Mazda genuine accessories catalogue, although maybe somebody else here has already done the swap and can share with you the part numbers needed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Phil B , thank you so much indeed for your time in explaining me all about pedals. I ll do a search on Mazda parts then. Wonderful. Made my day .

·
Registered
26 Posts
@Phil B , thank you so much indeed for your time in explaining me all about pedals. I ll do a search on Mazda parts then. Wonderful. Made my day .
Happy to assist. Any problems finding the part numbers just do another post. After a quick search online it looks like Mazda have changed their online accessory catalogue in the UK and the pedals they show now are not like the ones I purchased. Even if they have changed the style, the old ones like mine will still be available from Mazda.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the update . As far as you can understand, does this part number change reflect just a different style from the old ones or is it a substantial design difference ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Claudio,
AS above the MX5 ND sets fit .I have a set made by IL motorsport . £74 pounds UK . you can specify Left or Right hand drive .Good quality and simple to fit .

Pete D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for the update . As far as you can understand, does this part number change reflect just a different style from the old ones or is it a substantial design difference ?
Hi again Claudio
Not sure, latest catalogue does not give part numbers.
But I think I have found the part numbers you need for the LHD markets:
NA1J-V9-09X - clutch & brake
NA1J-V9-091 - accelerator
NA1J-V9-095 - footrest
Mine all have a 'P' as the 4th digit, this being the difference between RHD & LHD.
If you buy these ones they will be the same as for the 124.
Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts