Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

On the front of my 2018 Spider on the plastic wing just above the front left headlight (as standing in front of it) where the wing meets the bonnet (hood to USA folks : -D) the lacquer has started to peel away - its about 2.5 cms in length.

What do you folks advise? Bearing in mind I have zero experience with painting\spraying etc :LOL:

Would a touch-up kit on Amazon suffice?

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Always sorry to hear of such. Any idea how this damage was occurred?.

Without actually seeing, no photos, the damage you're describing my inclination would be to advise you to seek professional assistance and have the damaged area properly repaired. In most cases any area repaired with touch up paint that is any larger than an extremely small stone chip usually looks like just what it is ......... an area repaired or attempted to be repaired with touch up paint. The touch up paint might be a good temporary fix to halt any further damage from progressing until you can get the work done by a reputable auto paint shop.

· Registered
2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth, fully loaded from the factory, with just a wee bit of aftermarket mods.
3,539 Posts
A couple of close up photos of the issue would be helpful for us to provide feedback. I think I know what you're describing, but until I "see" the situation I really can't make an educated suggestion.

· Registered
788 Posts
Hi all,

On the front of my 2018 Spider on the plastic wing just above the front left headlight (as standing in front of it) where the wing meets the bonnet (hood to USA folks : -D) the lacquer has started to peel away - its about 2.5 cms in length.

What do you folks advise? Bearing in mind I have zero experience with painting\spraying etc :LOL:

Would a touch-up kit on Amazon suffice?
If it's very obvious then a couple of options, Chipsaway type businesses can do small repairs at home, or go to a local body shop and ask for a quote, you might be pleasantly surprised... Not recommending the touch up route except for stone chips. G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts