1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Oh wow, I'm buying a whole bunch.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Sweet! And I bought two 6-packs, enough for 3 changes. Thanks, I'll check this out.

Steve.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just ordered mine. A filter and 27mm socket

·
Registered
958 Posts
And the offer is good through December 2017.:D

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Isn't that for the non-euro spec Pennzoil Platinum? Did you order that and still get the rebate?

·
Administrator
1,933 Posts
Interesting that they'd send you a check when the rebate does not list their 5W-40 Euro spec, just the platinum, ultra platinum, and platinum high mileage oils. Then again, they probably don't have anyone actually checking the receipts.

~$5-$6 seems to be pretty consistent for a group 3 oils these days.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Thanks for pointing this out! I bought the Pennzoil 0W-40 5 quart bottle for $25.68 at Wal-mart. With rebate, I be down to $3.14/qt.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Just a reminder, Pennzoil is still running the rebate on our motor oil. The offer expires Dec 31, 2017, and is good for up to a maximum of $48 of rebate ($2 per quart, 24 quarts).

http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/promotions/do-it-yourself-oil-change/promotion-7.html#iframe=L0RJWS9OYXRpb25hbDE3Lw==

In the early spring, I'd bought two 6-packs from Amazon ahead of the arrival of my car. My 1000 mile change (to flush the factory fill and all the junk) and my recent mid-season 5000 mile change have used 8 of those quarts, I have 4 bottles left for my winter shut down change. So I just bought another two 6-packs from Amazon, making that my 24 quarts for the rebate. I'll submit my rebate soon. Between the rebate and working the Amazon gift offers ($20 gift card applied to today's order for signing up for their CC, which I'll be promptly cancelling), I'm putting a serious dent in the cost of this motor oil.

And if you are wondering about my oil change mileage span, my intention starting next year is a mid-season oil/filter change and an end-of-season change, pretty much regardless of actual miles. Even on high-tech oil, I sleep better knowing I'm not running the oil past about 4-5000 miles on this high-tech, relatively higher-cruising rpm engine. (Not starting a debate, just voicing my philosophy. Do what works for you.)

Steve.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just a reminder, Pennzoil is still running the rebate on our motor oil. The offer expires Dec 31, 2017, and is good for up to a maximum of $48 of rebate ($2 per quart, 24 quarts).

http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/promotions/do-it-yourself-oil-change/promotion-7.html#iframe=L0RJWS9OYXRpb25hbDE3Lw==

In the early spring, I'd bought two 6-packs from Amazon ahead of the arrival of my car. My 1000 mile change (to flush the factory fill and all the junk) and my recent mid-season 5000 mile change have used 8 of those quarts, I have 4 bottles left for my winter shut down change. So I just bought another two 6-packs from Amazon, making that my 24 quarts for the rebate. I'll submit my rebate soon. Between the rebate and working the Amazon gift offers ($20 gift card applied to today's order for signing up for their CC, which I'll be promptly cancelling), I'm putting a serious dent in the cost of this motor oil.

And if you are wondering about my oil change mileage span, my intention starting next year is a mid-season oil/filter change and an end-of-season change, pretty much regardless of actual miles. Even on high-tech oil, I sleep better knowing I'm not running the oil past about 4-5000 miles on this high-tech, relatively higher-cruising rpm engine. (Not starting a debate, just voicing my philosophy. Do what works for you.)

Steve.
Thanks for heads up Steve, just ordered six [email protected]$6.47 from Amazon :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts