Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you who live where the weather is always nice, I won't pretend that a perfect spring day like we had today makes up for winter - because it can't . But there is something special still and today I made the most of it. First, 120 miles in the Abarth spider on Ohio's southern back roads. Top down, great music on the Infotainment system and never once looked at the navigation as I attempted to get lost while singing my lungs out.
But it was beautifully warm too. And the Spider could only be followed up with an equally long ride on the Moto Guzzi. Back to back, it was impossible to pick which ride was better. The rag top roadster convertible experience and Moto Guzzi experiences share so many of the same feelings of freedom and relaxation - and yet they are so different in the way it is achieved. Just gotta have both.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If that's the toughest choice you have on a sunny day I say you're doing it right! Sounds like you had a great day in the sun. Make sure you take pictures next time!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Who said you couldn't have the best of both worlds at once?

Reactions: nomorecarpools

·
Registered
43 Posts
The 124 generates nothing but happiness! Glad you had such a great day with it!

After 2 weeks of owning this car, Friday morning my husband finally got in it and took it for a drive. A 2 hour drive! Since then he's volunteered to do every errand and taken the car to run them :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
To those of you who live where the weather is always nice, I won't pretend that a perfect spring day like we had today makes up for winter - because it can't . But there is something special still and today I made the most of it. First, 120 miles in the Abarth spider on Ohio's southern back roads. Top down, great music on the Infotainment system and never once looked at the navigation as I attempted to get lost while singing my lungs out.
But it was beautifully warm too. And the Spider could only be followed up with an equally long ride on the Moto Guzzi. Back to back, it was impossible to pick which ride was better. The rag top roadster convertible experience and Moto Guzzi experiences share so many of the same feelings of freedom and relaxation - and yet they are so different in the way it is achieved. Just gotta have both.
And you didn't even stop by.:( I've been nursing a bad case of Mellon Head and seeing an Abarth pull up my drive sure would have made me feel so much better.;) I have a friend from Niles (also a Guzzi rider) that stops by on his way back through. Visitors are always welcome....If you can make it up my drive. 20% grade, 400+ feet of packed gravel. First gear, Sport mode and no less that 1,700 RPM gets you a no spin trip to the top.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts