Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Vendor
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone:

Here is a video of my current engine build.

As of about a week ago I put the short block together. Everything worked out quite well, ring gaps were filed to spec, bearings plastiguaged just right, bore taper is perfect and so on. I then had to go on a trip. When I get home I should be able to finish the engine build. I'm pretty excited about this engine.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Great video, and for this mechanically non-savvy person, very interesting to watch. There's always something new to learn! Thank you Greg.

Reactions: Greg

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Greg is this the same video or a new one? Be safe on your travels.

Reactions: Mike34

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,678 Posts
Greg is this the same video or a new one? Be safe on your travels.
Its the same one I linked to when he firs put it up on his channel.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
@Greg it's an awesome video, looking forward to more. Please stay as safe as you can, I know why you are travelling.

·
Vendor
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Greg it's an awesome video, looking forward to more. Please stay as safe as you can, I know why you are travelling.
Thanks Shark, I guess it's the same video, I didn't realize Calehedron already put it up (thanks for that :) ). I do have a second video, but I have gotten around to uploading it yet.

I'm staying as safe as possible. Not much I can do on the plane itself, but at the layovers I'm staying in my room, which is really boring.

Greg

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Thanks Shark, I guess it's the same video, I didn't realize Calehedron already put it up (thanks for that :) ). I do have a second video, but I have gotten around to uploading it yet.

I'm staying as safe as possible. Not much I can do on the plane itself, but at the layovers I'm staying in my room, which is really boring.

Greg
I think we're all going to be confined to our rooms any moment now...

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Somebody needs to get to building something soon. I need something interesting to follow and I've ran out of internet to surf!

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Somebody needs to get to building something soon. I need something interesting to follow and I've ran out of internet to surf!
Me, too!!! I can't work on my car!!! :(

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Me, too!!! I can't work on my car!!! :(
If you want a never ending project buy a Jeep. I truly believe mine is cursed. The minute I get one thing fixed something else breaks. I still love the hell out of it though. The 124 provides the perfect escape when I get tired of going slow.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
I've been making good use of my local library's electronic book sign out tool. Just completed the entire Jack Reacher series of novels. After the first three or four, you can pretty much figure out the plot about 50 pages in, but they're still a run read. Kind of like my other guilty pleasure.... Clive Cussler novels... may he rest in peace. Lord willing, another four to six weeks from now things will be mild enough (termperature-wise) to start tinkering in the garage on the Spider. Keep safe folks.... and best wishes for the health of you and your families.

Reactions: depotdan

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
As soon as Kent is done, I am ready to go. On paid furlough now until further notice. Can't get my coilover springs swapped out for now, Feal is closed. Found the manual trunk release today and pulled the driver's seat for rail swap. Guess I am gonna get as much as I can done while I'm being paid to do it!

Reactions: Greg

·
Registered
924 Posts
well i’m stuck home with all my track days canceled and car in my friends shop. #NYCquarantined2020

·
Registered
248 Posts
well i’m stuck home with all my track days canceled and car in my friends shop. #NYCquarantined2020
Feel you brother #PuertoRicoquarantine2020

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Greg just uploaded Part 2. I subscribe to his Youtube channel so I get the emails immediately.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Great video @Greg. But you really need to wipe off the camera lens before you get started! Looking forward to seeing the final product.

·
Administrator
1,962 Posts
Watched that video this morning. Awesome stuff! Are you keeping an expense log so we can know what to expect if we decide to follow your footsteps on this?

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Here's part 3. Longest of them all but goes into a lot of detail on timing and camshaft in the end. Engine is now bolted in place with the prototype cross pipe. Supposed to be firing it up tomorrow. My depression is deepening!!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Is the oil drain pipe out of the bottom of the AOS under any kind of pressure? I took the AOS off to get the valve cover off last weekend (the bracket it sits on is bolted to the valve cover). While I was able to get the pipe back on the the valve relatively easily, getting a retaining clip on it is pretty much impossible so its sitting unsecured at the moment.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts