Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Been off the forums for a while since I lost my job, but back on now since I recently purchased the Eurocompulsion 1446+ big turbo upgrade and Eurocompulsion hi-flow cross pipe for my 2019 124 Abarth! I'm having my local, trusted performance shop tackle all the work this week! I should be gettting around 225 hp and 250 tq at the wheels with a Phase 3 tune and looking forward to the gains. I will post some pictures as soon as I get it back and put some miles on it. Also thinking of installing some PLX devices gagues; maybe boost and AFR. I loved them on my 2008 STS Turbo Silverado. I'll keep all of you up to date and let you know if we run into any issues.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,485 Posts
Best of luck to you! It will take a few tune revisions to get there, but it can be done.

My biggest piece of personal advice is to make sure the V-Band Clamp from the Turbo to Cat is put back with the arrows aligned so there are no issues blocking the wastegate arm.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
966 Posts
Hey, Walawn. "This week" was four months ago! Any updates?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, Walawn. "This week" was four months ago! Any updates?
Sorry, not on here that much anymore haha. Got all the work done. It wasn't easy. Wrong turbo was sent so it took some extra time and money to get it reclocked. Decided not to do the PLX devices gauges and went with a Luxfi OBD gauge. Tune seems to be doing well and power increase is definitely noticeable. I did get a CEL this morning but I just think it was situational from lazy driving. I've put almost 1,500 miles on the Phase 3 setup so far.

Reactions: TX_Bandit

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is my most recent photo of car and guage. I'll try to get a pic of the engine bay this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
451 Posts
That gauge looks amazing. How are you liking it? I swear, every time I come on this board I want to spend more money...

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it, except the AFR goes in the wrong direction. It has a FIAT logo for the center of the tach but I wish they did an Abarth one as well so I just run it with no logo. Eurocompulsion assures me the tune is safe though. My guage shows 18.8-19 AFR under full boost when I'm used to seeing it around 11 on my STS Turbo Silverado with a PCMforless tune. I also had a crosspipe fitment issue I forgot to mention. It was leaking and had strong smell of exhaust. @Greg thinks it was an isolated manufacturing error, but I still had to drive back to Rosso in Forest Hill and pay more money and spend more time to fix which was frustrating to say the least. Hopefully EC updated their install instructions to include changing of the gasket. Also had PO299 code and solid CEL this morning but hopefully it was just a hiccup.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Under boost in sport mode on Phase 3.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Under boost in sport mode on Phase 3.
Underboost, a/f reading lean instead of rich, i think you have an exhaust leak ahead of the primary O2 sensor, either at the turbo flange or where the cat connects to the turbo.

Reactions: mtnghost and Jon

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you concur? @Greg

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Solved here for now. Things done.... Washer added between c clip and wastegate arm, yellow spring switched to purple at 6 full turns preload

390 Posts
I like it, except the AFR goes in the wrong direction. It has a FIAT logo for the center of the tach but I wish they did an Abarth one as well so I just run it with no logo. Eurocompulsion assures me the tune is safe though. My guage shows 18.8-19 AFR under full boost when I'm used to seeing it around 11 on my STS Turbo Silverado with a PCMforless tune. I also had a crosspipe fitment issue I forgot to mention. It was leaking and had strong smell of exhaust. @Greg thinks it was an isolated manufacturing error, but I still had to drive back to Rosso in Forest Hill and pay more money and spend more time to fix which was frustrating to say the least. Hopefully EC updated their install instructions to include changing of the gasket. Also had PO299 code and solid CEL this morning but hopefully it was just a hiccup.
Aha! Another EC tuned car with 19 AFR under full boost @sharkcohen @HaZ

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Aha! Another EC tuned car with 19 AFR under full boost @sharkcohen @HaZ
Sorry I don’t know what to tell you. I have 3 different OBD2 devices and they all read A/F properly on this car. It’s likely your adapter or your software. Did you try Torque yet?

390 Posts
Sorry I don’t know what to tell you. I have 3 different OBD2 devices and they all read A/F properly on this car. It’s likely your adapter or your software. Did you try Torque yet?
I downloaded the other app, remember? Showed you the dashboard I will test.

I don’t think Torque comes for iPhone.

I haven’t tested the new app yet for A/F. Will do tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts