Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,524 Posts
Best of luck to you! It will take a few tune revisions to get there, but it can be done.

My biggest piece of personal advice is to make sure the V-Band Clamp from the Turbo to Cat is put back with the arrows aligned so there are no issues blocking the wastegate arm.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Look at relative throttle position. That is the ACTUAL butterfly valve position in the throttle body. Absolute is the pedal and think of it more of asking for levels of POWER not actual gas. Then the ECU figures out how much fuel, timing, boost, etc to make the power you asked for if possible.

Even with your foot on the floor, the car will do the actual deciding HOW much gas its going to give the car based on all the other checks. Flooring it on a cold day vs flooring it on a hot day will deliver 2 different fuel rates.

Take my shifting into 4th issue with asking for too much power 2 years ago. When I would hit 4th all out, the relative throttle would pull back with the timing until the engine caught up and then it would jump back up to the 90%+ range. It's a safety feature.

Reactions: deletedmember20192

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Forgot to mention that using the ABS vs REL can point you to some things like the my issue with asking for TOO much power that the ECU was not wanting to give. You could see that my foot was on the floor at 90+ ABS but the ECU was only giving half gas (REL) until it thought it was safe to give more.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Switch to OBD Fusion. Set logging sample rate to 100ms. Set up the Dashboard however you want and IT WORKS. I'd love to show you. BUT I CAN"T.

Reactions: deletedmember20192

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Settings, preferences, logging. Sample rate. Choose 100ms. Then below that is select PID to log. Go crazy.

The Dashboard is completely separate. Choose gauge and the PID there also but sample rate is the same as set up for logging.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Turn off WiFi and use Bluetooth. Don't need ELM to log data.

Or Turn off ELM and Enable Generic OBD. One or the other.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Some things only update ever second, some a little faster. 50 is too fast.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Agree w/ @Evolved import the .CSV to a PC then open. I use Excel to freeze the top row with the header names, highlight columns with color for boost, RPM, IAT, Timing, etc so you can quick scan. Graphs can be made from there but there are other programs that do it all for you by dragging a column of data into it and drop it. I watched Toby do it when I was in Oklahoma but I did not ask what program it was. He would just drag all Boost over and it plopped a zigzag, dragged over RPM and a new color zigzag showed up overlaid in perfect sync. Excel for Bubbas, I dunno.

Reactions: Evolved
1 - 8 of 8 Posts