Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,524 Posts
Look at relative throttle position. That is the ACTUAL butterfly valve position in the throttle body. Absolute is the pedal and think of it more of asking for levels of POWER not actual gas. Then the ECU figures out how much fuel, timing, boost, etc to make the power you asked for if possible.

Even with your foot on the floor, the car will do the actual deciding HOW much gas its going to give the car based on all the other checks. Flooring it on a cold day vs flooring it on a hot day will deliver 2 different fuel rates.

Take my shifting into 4th issue with asking for too much power 2 years ago. When I would hit 4th all out, the relative throttle would pull back with the timing until the engine caught up and then it would jump back up to the 90%+ range. It's a safety feature.

Reactions: deletedmember20192
390 Posts
Look at relative throttle position. That is the ACTUAL butterfly valve position in the throttle body. Absolute is the pedal and think of it more of asking for levels of POWER not actual gas. Then the ECU figures out how much fuel, timing, boost, etc to make the power you asked for if possible.

Even with your foot on the floor, the car will do the actual deciding HOW much gas its going to give the car based on all the other checks. Flooring it on a cold day vs flooring it on a hot day will deliver 2 different fuel rates.

Take my shifting into 4th issue with asking for too much power 2 years ago. When I would hit 4th all out, the relative throttle would pull back with the timing until the engine caught up and then it would jump back up to the 90%+ range. It's a safety feature.
Got it, added both.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Forgot to mention that using the ABS vs REL can point you to some things like the my issue with asking for TOO much power that the ECU was not wanting to give. You could see that my foot was on the floor at 90+ ABS but the ECU was only giving half gas (REL) until it thought it was safe to give more.

390 Posts
Forgot to mention that using the ABS vs REL can point you to some things like the my issue with asking for TOO much power that the ECU was not wanting to give. You could see that my foot was on the floor at 90+ ABS but the ECU was only giving half gas (REL) until it thought it was safe to give more.
Alrighty, done

·
Registered
4,239 Posts

·
Registered
Driven District
217 Posts
@SpiritedAway
My "absolute throttle position" is 87.84% during my log (yours is a graph but seems to be about the same.
Same run my "relative throttle position" is 90.98%.
This is for reference during a 3rd-4th gear log.

@Calehedron you mentioned comparing those 2 numbers. Figured I would get your input on my numbers since we're talking about them. And if it matters my "calculated load value" is 100 but does dip to 96-98 a few times during that pull then back to 100. Thanks (y)

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Now check this out, this is very interesting. Made a chart with one of my recorded sessions and the power fell even though it was also WOT!

View attachment 84521
I wonder with a tune how accurate this is / in terms of power delivery, not max numbers. Does a spike here at 155 horsepower = a spike of 200 horsepower with a tune for example, or is it not reliable at all with a tune?
That looks like the throttle plate closing, like what would happen when the ECU is dumping boost. Do you hear the diverter dumping boost? Is the boost gauge erratic when this is happening?

390 Posts
New app / dashboard: @sharkcohen

Basically, where I am at right now, it’s not gonna work. It’s not immediate and I think each display’s responsiveness varies. I mean look at this:
29 actual F/R in neutral? Lol.

390 Posts
So far the other app Car Scanner is easier to use than OBD Fusion.

I can’t seem to easily customize my logs with the parameters I want to show? But think I just found something. I’ll let y’all know.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
New app / dashboard: @sharkcohen
View attachment 84617
Basically, where I am at right now, it’s not gonna work. It’s not immediate and I think each display’s responsiveness varies. I mean look at this:
29 actual F/R in neutral? Lol.
View attachment 84618
The only thing you need to be looking at in logs, or live monitoring like you are doing in these screenshots, is WOT. Neither of these is WOT.

390 Posts
The only thing you need to be looking at in logs, or live monitoring like you are doing in these screenshots, is WOT. Neither of these is WOT.
It was WOT, but it wasn’t fast enough. I did WOT for 3-4 seconds and it took forever to change the displays/reflect WOT and higher revs. So, I’ll do it with like a pull in third on a highway where I can give it time.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Switch to OBD Fusion. Set logging sample rate to 100ms. Set up the Dashboard however you want and IT WORKS. I'd love to show you. BUT I CAN"T.

Reactions: deletedmember20192
390 Posts
Switch to OBD Fusion. Set logging sample rate to 100ms. Set up the Dashboard however you want and IT WORKS. I'd love to show you. BUT I CAN"T.
Actually, you can show me via screenshots!

Where do I set the logging sample rate? Looking for it...

Btw, remember to put your PayPal email. Don’t be shy. Many people here wanna “buy you a beer”.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Settings, preferences, logging. Sample rate. Choose 100ms. Then below that is select PID to log. Go crazy.

The Dashboard is completely separate. Choose gauge and the PID there also but sample rate is the same as set up for logging.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
You don't want to be trying to screenshot moments, especially with your foot to the floor. You need to record some logs.

Reactions: Evolved
41 - 60 of 79 Posts