Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't work, says cannot connect to calling features. Will try other phones to determine if car or phone.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i could understand an apple having pear problems0:) have u checked setting once paired on the phone itself. maybe something in there needs changed to allow it to do both?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I can only pair audio, but not phone calls. Android newer phone, ideas anyone? No help on Google ?
Almost certainly it is in the settings of your phone. Go to Bluetooth, find 124Spider, and click on the gear image. You should get a menu showing connecting options. You want to make sure call audio is switched on along with media audio. I have an S7 and an S6 - both work flawlessly with the car.
K

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
do a scan of Bluetooth in your cell phone

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Yestarday, removed my old phone and added a Samsung Galaxy A5, did an add on the spider and also made my cell phone scan for bluetooth, both appeared and shook hands and voila it was paired.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am really annoyed because my newish phone works in two other cars, but not here. At the same time, a 3 or 4 year old cheapy Android phone connects almost instantly. It must be my phone, but it works in 2 other cars so WTF... Irritating.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I am really annoyed because my newish phone works in two other cars, but not here. At the same time, a 3 or 4 year old cheapy Android phone connects almost instantly. It must be my phone, but it works in 2 other cars so WTF... Irritating.
Have the same problem with my Chevy Cruze 2012, matched well with my older Nexus One / Nexus 4 phones. But won't pair with my new ZTE Axon Pro. Pretty sure it has something to do with Bluetooth handshake protocol versions... hope my ZTE will pair correctly with my coming 124 Abarth!

·
Super Moderator
951 Posts
I have a constant issue with the phone and car getting "unpaired". The phone will show the 124 and the 124 will display the MotoG3. And that is as far as it goes. I delete the car from the phone and do it again and after a couple of tries it finally pairs and work OK until the problem happens again.
The MotoG3 is an Adroid 6 phone.
best regards
Pete

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have a constant issue with the phone and car getting "unpaired". The phone will show the 124 and the 124 will display the MotoG3. And that is as far as it goes. I delete the car from the phone and do it again and after a couple of tries it finally pairs and work OK until the problem happens again.
The MotoG3 is an Adroid 6 phone.
best regards
Pete
I've noticed there are a couple situations to which the Bluetooth connection is sensitive. Phone placement does seem to matter - down near the console I've never had a problem, but in my pocket it sometimes loses connection. The other time is in trying to make a call before the phone has finished downloading the call history, contact list, etc. It will sometimes throw the call to the handset if it isn't finished. But it shows "Call on Handset" when that happens so it knows whats up. Beyond those two rare circumstances, it works great - far better than my Bimmer did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts