Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
529 Posts
I'm thinking of clamping them incase I want to coat the tips in another color in the future, or replace them, so uninstalling them is easier. Are clamps a bad idea?
The only issue with clamps on exhaust is the possibility of leaks and unwanted movement is higher. However, for exhaust tips neither one is an issue. Leaks wouldn't cause any issue such as noise or exhaust gasses, since it's basically already at the exit anyway. Movement isn't an issue like it would be in a midpipe either as there's no forces on the tips. So clamps are fine. The only issue would be depending on how it fits, if the clamps are visible that could bother some people aesthetically.

Reactions: Ido

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have the Zymexx spoiler fitted to my Arctic white Abarth. I'll post some pictures tomorrow, It comes pretty rough straight out of the mould, packed in a flimsy cardboard box that does very little to protect it.
JohnyMac - can you post a pic of the inside of the trunk?

I'm assuming we need to drill the 6.5mm hole from the top all the way down through the second piece of metal, then use a 25mm hole bore from the bottom to create a hole so we can reach inside the lower piece of metal to install the screws, washers, and rubber underlays?

They seem to make good products, but Zymexx does not create the best instructions possible.

·
Registered
127 Posts
JohnyMac - can you post a pic of the inside of the trunk?

I'm assuming we need to drill the 6.5mm hole from the top all the way down through the second piece of metal, then use a 25mm hole bore from the bottom to create a hole so we can reach inside the lower piece of metal to install the screws, washers, and rubber underlays?

They seem to make good products, but Zymexx does not create the best instructions possible.

Tire Hood Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle

Exactly. Placement is critical. It will come with a pretty rough template.

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Since mounting the spoiler using the 2 twin rubber gaskets supplied, I have noticed the gaskets discolouring my white paint around the mounting points. On checking, it buffs out but left for any great length of time...who knows.
Looking for a piece of synthetic rubber to fabricate some more.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wheel Water Tire Vehicle Car

Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

21 - 29 of 29 Posts