Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this beauty online last Friday and sewed up the deal today! After driving it home from the dealer's lot (53 miles), I'm even more jazzed than I was before! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Aloha and Congratulations! Great looking Abarth. Dig the red seats

Reactions: rfreschner

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! It's going to be fun!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome! I like the Red seats as well, which seem to be showing up in random cars. I wonder how much they cost if I decide to change mine...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Very nice, if I say so myself, and congratulations!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Welcome! I like the Red seats as well, which seem to be showing up in random cars. I wonder how much they cost if I decide to change mine...
Folks are struggling to get a new windshield right now. I hate to think how long the seats might take to come, never mind how much.

But yes, I do like them too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Check your tire pressure and make sure it has been adjusted from transport PSI to the correct PSI.. Common item missed during dealer prep.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very nice & welcome!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Check your tire pressure and make sure it has been adjusted from transport PSI to the correct PSI.. Common item missed during dealer prep.
First thing I did at the dealership. They had adjusted the pressure.

·
Registered
726 Posts
My Gelato White Abarth has red seats. When I was doing heavy research last fall, I never saw red on red. You might have a rare car.

You might want to consider the red air vents (Mopar catalogue). It's my favorite mod thus far. They really compliment the red seats.

Reactions: Mike34

·
832 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You might want to consider the red air vents (Mopar catalogue). It's my favorite mod thus far. They really compliment the red seats.
I'll take a look at those.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats on the new Spider, very nice color combo. We have the red vents mentioned above if you want them. They look great.
Thanks for the link. I'll add these to my wishlist. How easy are they to install?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good job on the red seats!!! I luckily found one mid August with red seats and bought it on the spot, not easy to come by!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'll add these to my wishlist. How easy are they to install?
They are pretty easy to install. It would help to have a set of plastic trim removal tools.
(available at Auto Zone) you could use a screwdriver if you are careful, put something soft under it to protect the dash.

There are 3 little tabs on each vent and they snap into the dash. Just depress each tab while you pry gently outward. I depressed two of the tabs together first to pop out one side, then the last tab to pop the vent from the dash. You can see the location of the tabs by looking at the new ones.

Sounds harder then it was.

I really like the red vents, they add a splash of color to a otherwise monotone black dash, helps tie the dash to the seats, and gets rid of some of the chrome plastic. (I am not a fan of chrome plastic, it looks cheap to me, I wish that they didn't use so much of it on the steering wheel)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the info, @steve6225. That doesn't sound too bad even for a mechanically inept person such as myself. :D

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
451 Posts
First thing I did at the dealership. They had adjusted the pressure.
Also, check to make sure that you don't have a small plastic bag with two rubber plugs in it that belong under the car. Sometimes the dealers install them, some times they don't. I found mine in the compartment between the two seats.

Congrats!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts